This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar was far from dog river....

For those that dont know who Oscar from Dog River is he is a character in a crazy canadian show that im certain it takes only a canadian to love. He is an old man who bvlows everything out of proportion. I think I had his brother come through Home E the other day

Me: Yours Truly
    OB: The guy im convinced is oscars brother

Me: and that will be x.xx.
    OB: *grumbles and throw cash on counter*
    Me: Do you have your rewards card with you today?
    OB: Excuse me?
    ME: Do you have your points card with you to...
    OB: Just gimme the bill!!!!
    Me: Ok so no on the
    OB: *gesturing at the till* Just gimme the godamn bill!
    Me: *hits past the prompt on my till to ask for a rewards card and hands over the bill trying not to smile*
    OB *grumbles and starts to walks off*
    Me: Do you want your batteries?
    OB: *Comes back and snatches the battries from me*

hehe i dunno why but i expected him to come back and yell 'Jackass!' or somethin.
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Why is it so hard for people to hand you the money? GAHH

I had a lady who actually pulled her jumper over her hand and held it out for me to put the money in like i'm highly contagious or something, i should have coughed all over her

Seriously though if someone throws their money at me i throw the change right back i don't like being treated like a piece of meat

Comment

Quoth Chained to the counter View Post
      Seriously though if someone throws their money at me i throw the change right back i don't like being treated like a piece of meat
      I usually give the card or change back the same way that it was given to me. You throw your money down, I throw your change down. You don't hand the card directly to me, I don't had it directly back. If you give me the card by putting it on your side of the counter, I out it back on my side of the counter. After the first time it generally improves. No one likes getting money thrown all over the place. Oh, and I don't throw actual coins around, but I ask if I can. They get a horrified look on their face.

Comment

I had a lady who actually pulled her jumper over her hand and held it out for me to put the money in like i'm highly contagious or something, i should have coughed all over her
        Oh, you should have hacked and sniffled and said, "Bab, you wouldn't habben to hab a tissue odd you, would you?"
        "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
        -FSTDT

Comment

Go for the sneeze! More dramatic and people think they don't have as much time to get away. With any luck, she'll start hyperventilating!
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Take a bill out of the till, blow your nose in it, and then put it back.
            There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

I should have said something like "Damn these genital herpes, they're itchin like crazy"

Comment

Why is it so hard for people to hand you the money? GAHH
                because some people don't like being touched by strangers or at all. and I was finally taught that in my last year of cashiering and I shouldn't take it personal

Comment

Quoth LexiaFira View Post
                  because some people don't like being touched by strangers or at all. and I was finally taught that in my last year of cashiering and I shouldn't take it personal
                  Amen. I hate being touched by anyone but my fiance and a couple of really close friends. Because of that, I used to always put the money on the counter.

Ever since coming here though, I just hand the money over.

Comment

Paper money is some of the grubbiest, germ-ridden stuff out there.

If you touch the money, you might as well touch the person handing it to you. You're already gonna get whatever germs they have on the cash.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                    X