Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you want me to do, birth one for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you want me to do, birth one for you?

What is the deal? I mean...WHAT IS THE FREAKING DEAL?!

Me: *answers phone* "Newsroom."
    SC: "I need to speak to *TB*."
    Me: "TB isn't in at the moment, would you like her voice mail?"
    SC: "No, I really need to speak to her..."
    Me: "Well...she's out to lunch right now, she'll probably be back in about an hour. Do you want to leave her a message?"
    SC: "No...I really just need to talk to her..."

WHY do I always get this? I swear I have never yet had a day when I didn't get this call at least twice. Why can't you accept that the person who you want is not here and short of miraculously giving virgin birth to a carbon clone complete with notebook and pencil right here and now, I cannot produce them for you? JUST TAKE THE DAMN VOICE MAIL!! THEY'RE NOT HERE, THEY'RE PROBABLY AVOIDING YOU!! I AM NOT MOTHER MARY OF THE G****MN NEWSROOM!!

God, I wish I drank or snorted my father's ashes or cut myself or something right about now, I really do. Ah well. *just eats too much chocolate instead*
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

*grabs a box of Easter chocolates, hands them over*

"I'm sorry, sir/ma'am/ insert religion of choice, what you're asking me to do goes against the laws of physics, and in this house, WE follow the rules of Thermodynamics!"
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

How about instead of asking if they want the voicemail just put them through.

"Fun Person isn't in right now, they'll be back in an hour. I'll put you through to their voicemail."

. o O ( Probably wouldn't work, they'd call back in an instant wanting to know why they got the voicemail.)
      Last edited by rvdammit; 04-06-2007, 05:39 PM. Reason: added thought bubble
      ludo ergo sum

Comment

Here's what I get when I offer voice mail:

Me: So and So's in a meeting, out of the office, or on the phone I can transfer you to their voice mail.
        SC: No that's okay just tell them blah, blah, blah (nice long message)

I'm actually busy that's why I like voice mail. I don't want to stop what I'm doing and later go find the person or go to their office at the opposite side of the building.

Comment

I had that happen at the local Subway a while back. This old man asked for Caroline, and when they told her she had the day off, he was livid. "I really need to talk to her!" as if he expected her to appear right then and there out of thin air.

Comment

I think what they're saying is they want you to physically leave the building, go to the area that person is, say "SC wants to talk to you", drag them BACK to the building and put them on the phone. Some people are so deluded they think it's actually going to happen.
            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

I get those a lot, too. They just can't wrap their self-involved little minds around the idea that the person they think they need to speak to might have some life that doesn't involve fulfilling their needs.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It's really bad at my work - the manager is also the owner. He has no set schedule. He is often gone on meetings or just isn't in for the day or what have you. People take it *so* personally that he isn't in at that moment and it's even worse that I have no idea when he'll be back. They'll usually call back 3 or 4 times before finally deigning to leave a message with me. Thanks for wasting my time, bud.

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                  SC: "No...I really just need to talk to her..."
                  "Well . . . I just want 3 million dollars and a cabana boy, but it sure as hell ain't gonna happen right now . . is it?"
                  This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                    JUST TAKE THE DAMN VOICE MAIL!! THEY'RE NOT HERE, THEY'RE PROBABLY AVOIDING YOU!! I AM NOT MOTHER MARY OF THE G****MN NEWSROOM!!
                    Why did a picture of you screaming that over the phone become so vivid in my mind?
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                    X