This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When baby doesn't get his way, Baby gonna cry

I just got off this call, so it's still fresh in my memory. I wish I had access to listen to the recording of it so I could do it word for word. That'd be sweet.

Firstly, the call was transferred from another department to me because they were not able to help him. He was demanding that points on his card be redeemed for cash, which he claimed he had seen on some obscure sign somewhere that he could neither properly describe nor give a location of. So I got a head's up from the nice girl on the other end, who said that he was extremely angry and was actually being transferred to me just so he could complain about her. You're complaining it's HER fault that she wouldn't go Against company policy?? Yep this guys not on his meds. And here it went:

Me: Your Gracious Host
    SC: Sucky Customer

Me: Hi, how can I help you?
    SC: Yes, who am I talking to?
    Me: My name is allniter.
    SC: And what's your last name?
    Me: I'm afraid I don't give that out.
    SC: Why not?
    Me: It's just not something we do here.
    SC: Is that because so when I make a complaint about you, you can't get in trouble?
    Me: No, we just don't provide our last names here as policy.
    SC: And why's that?
    Me: We don't provide personal information to those we don't know personally.
    SC: Well that's a stupid policy. You're lieing to me. You just don't want to get in trouble.

Ok he got under my skin a bit, but I still played it cool.

Me: Well if I asked you to give me your SSN, would you feel comfortable providing me with that?
    SC: That don't make no difference, when I want your last name you'll give me it!
    Me: But if I give you it, would you freely give me your SSN.
    SC: You already have it. (which doesn't make sense because an account with our company doesn't require your SSN, so no we don't have it)
    Me: In truth we don't actually. But just as an example, if you're worried about giving out your information over the phone to somone you don't know, why would I want to give you mine?
    SC: Shut up allniter, you don't know how to do your job.
    Me: *laughs audibly so customer can hear* You have a nice day there.

*Click*

What a retard. Glad my job let's me play it by ear in regards to how I proceed. My boss here is more like a good king who laughs along with you.

Comments?
    Last edited by allniter; 04-07-2007, 07:21 PM.
    Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

I wish I could laugh audibly. Unfortunately I have to resort to my handy dandy "mute" button. But at least it leaves me the opportunity to drop my "f" bombs and such. Just have to be sure and press it.
    I guess they shouldn't have set their phasers to miss-Mike Nelson

Comment

I read somewhere where someone just made up a last name. But why the hell do they think its okay for us to give out that much personal information? It's not their business to know our last names. I hate having a name tag with my first name on it!

Comment

Quoth roadside View Post
        I wish I could laugh audibly. Unfortunately I have to resort to my handy dandy "mute" button. But at least it leaves me the opportunity to drop my "f" bombs and such. Just have to be sure and press it.

I my mute button too.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
          I read somewhere where someone just made up a last name. But why the hell do they think its okay for us to give out that much personal information? It's not their business to know our last names. I hate having a name tag with my first name on it!
          Oh, yeah! It's bad enough when some <bleep> abuses my real first name during a call.
          Example:

SC: Well, Bonnie, the problem, Bonnie, is that my phone, Bonnie, is ... well, now, Bonnie, let start from the beginning, Bonnie, because, Bonnie, the last little girl I talked to, Bonnie, didn't seem all that interested, Bonnie, in helping me out here, Bonnie, and Bonnie, I'm on a budget here.....
          My actual response from a call yesterday: Sorry, Mr. Foofram, about interrupting, Mr. Foofram, because, Mr. Foofram, this is, Mr. Foofram, the repair department, Mr. Foofram, so if you, Mr. Foofram, and I could get to your repair issue, Mr. Foofram, we can, Mr. Foofram, get someone out there, Mr. Foofram, as soon as possible, Mr. Foofram.

I <bleep>in' hate it when customers try to belittle us by mockingly abusing our name like that.

But it's waaaaaayyyyyyyy easier to take when it's over the phone. When I was waiting tables back in the Stone Age, we had to wear nametags with our first name and last initial. "Good customer service," management claimed...... until one of my co-workers got stalked by a customer. <shiver>

Comment

What kills me is when they ask why you don't give your last name, and you give them the perfectly reasonable "company policy not to give out personal information" explanation, and the continue to argue with you instead of just letting it go and getting to the point of their call. Arguing over last names is not going to make the CSR any more amenable to helping you out...
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
            X