This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 'Em

A couple weeks ago, a manager was returning from lunch and as he was sitting in his truck he noticed a customer coming out of the store with his hands full of merchandise, but no sack. He saw the man then get a gas-powerd pole saw off a pallete in the alley, put it in his truck and leave.

This did not seem right and when he checked the computer, he found no sales for the saw or the other items, all he realized had come off our patio entrance area.

Yesterday, my manager came back from lunch and saw him again. He had me and the other employees shadow him all over the store. Wayne even followed him outside and waited till he got in his truck and left.

Now, you would think that us following him would have sent a message that we were on to him, but no.

This morning he was back right as we opened and he tried to steal a big bag of grass seed. Unfortunately, he did it just as our office manager pulled in. She got out her cell phone and called the cops.

Oh, did I mention the police station is right across the street?

Next thing you knew, there were five or six cops all around this guy.

He tried to play dumb and pretend he couldn't speak English. One of the cops switched to fluent Spanish.

He tried to claim he had bought it and they didn't give him a reciept, but the office manager is the one who activates the computer and cash registers, so they were not up and running yet.

Finally, he ran out of excuses and was taken away in handcuffs.

Bu Bye! Bu Bye!
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"
Working...
X