This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My head is exploding.

I just had a technician call us from the field requesting a Spanish interpreter to speak with a customer. Okay, so the tech tells me the message to be relayed, I get the interpreter, get the customer on the line, and then it all descended into madness.

First of all, the customer went off, started speaking a mile a minute, very irately, to the interpreter, and he began yelling at her, and they just went back and forth for a while, and I never found out what exactly happened. I then attempted to interject and let the interpreter know what to say...

...then suddenly the tech is on the phone. He tells the intepreter what to say. So then the customer is back on the phone, once again they go back and forth for about 2 minutes without any explanation of what's going on...

...then sure enough there's the tech again, he's upset, and the customer is upset, and I still don't know what the hell is going on...he harshly explains to the interpreter (like he's the idiot) what's going on, so then the customer is back on the line...

...The interpreter relays the information in the same tone, the customer gets upset, and yet again, they go off for a while, and....bleah no explanation of what the customer is saying...

...Finally the tech is on the line, says "are we alright?" the interpreter says "We're alright" and then both tech and customer are gone. Then the interpreter says "Anything else I can help you with?" I say, confused..."Well, I guess not."

*sigh* and I still don't know what happened...
    Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

And thank you for your help. Have a nice day...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
    X