This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little miss crazy and the $1.79

Today was a pretty slow day at the call center and most of my calls were mundane, save for this "gem":

Me: Can I have your phone number starting with area code please?
    SC: Yeah I just have a question, I made a directory assistance call and I wanted to know how much that's going to cost me.
    Me: Directory assistance calls are $1.79.
    SC: $1.79! Ok answer me this, why is it I can get free nationwide long distance but I have to pay $1.79 for a 411 call?
    Me: I don't know ma'am, I don't make the rules.
    SC: It's criminal is what it is, there's no way you people should be charging me so much for that kind of call!
    (at this point I'm wondering what exactly she wants me to do, I can't change policy and since she never gave me account info, I can't do anything else either)
    SC: I want a manager!
    Me: (since I STILL don't know what she wants and that's the first thing a supervisor would ask me) Um, well...
    SC: What are you deaf? I said I want a manager!
    Me: Then I'll need your name and mobile number first please ma'am
    SC: I AM EXERCISING MY RIGHT TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER!
    Me: Ma'am a manager will not speak to you unless I verify the account first (and also explain what the hell is going on, but let's at least try to get past step 1, right?)
    SC: You know what, just go to Hell! *click*

Umm, yeah you too you nutjob!

All of this over ONE DOLLAR AND SEVENTY NINE CENTS!!
    Never too little to haggle over I guess.

I had a girl once threw a fit because I forgot to change the tax on her return (she had bought the book in New York and they have a higher sales tax than Jersey)...this was years ago on the old system which was a bit of a pain for that kind of thing, so it was a few minutes before I was able to sort everything out...grand total of extra tax she got back? 58 cents.

Now tell me, was it really worth it?

If she didn't want to pay for 411 calls, why didn't she find out what the charge would be before she did it? Or find a phone book or a computer?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I once had a customer go nuts over 4 cents

the item was priced at 3.30 and scanned in at 3.32

our eftpos machine (interact) ran off the computer and so it came up, and when she saw the 6.64 on her reciept she demanded I refund her....on a debit card, for 4 cents....

a transaction fee for debit was 50 cents in her account.... (she told me so loud and clear) which made NO SENCE to me!!!... everytime she uses that card her bank charges her 50 cents and shes pissy that the charge was 4 cents over....

priorities lady!
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
        everytime she uses that card her bank charges her 50 cents and shes pissy that the charge was 4 cents over....
        So... am I understanding this correctly? She KNOWS that it will cost 50 cents for you to put money in her account. And she's demanding you put in 4 cents?
        But.. but.. +4 - 50 = -46!!!
        She really *wants* to lose 46 cents for no reason? O.o
        My poor defenceless brain!
        Re: Quiche.
        Pie is manly.
        Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
        Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.
        So sayeth Spiffy McMoron!

Comment

Quoth BusyBee View Post
          So... am I understanding this correctly? She KNOWS that it will cost 50 cents for you to put money in her account. And she's demanding you put in 4 cents?
          But.. but.. +4 - 50 = -46!!!
          She really *wants* to lose 46 cents for no reason? O.o
          My poor defenceless brain!
          I... yeah...

Wow.

This is why i need to take breaks from this site from time to time.

Comment

I don't think it's the money, it's the opportunity to throw a fit and yell at a perfect stranger.
            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

well no I dont think she had to pay for a credit into the account, but the $6.64 that I had just charged on her account cost her 50 cents.....

It just frustrated me so much, shes willing to pay half a freaking dollar to her bank for the privillage of spending her own money, but by god she will NOT pay another 4 cents for it.... 50 cents to her bank is fine, but 4 cents to our store... NOT HAPPENING!!!!!

In the end I took 5 cents from the till to just get rid of her (the mistake was mine, the sucky attitude was hers) and my manager stood there and was like... she yelled and screamed over 4 cents jesus people in this city are rude.

My boss had relocated from a small country town to a big city and couldnt get over how rude city people where. She would chat to the customers friendly like, and some of them would blatently ignore her! Like speaking to counter staff was below them... she became jaded very quickly.
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
              X