This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Training Allowed!

Another oldie of mine. I've been thinking of old ones seeing as I'm on holiday at the minute.

So, we had two new starters, and it was a pretty quiet, steady night. So the manager thought it would be a good idea to get the new guys onto a till and start training.

The tills have a training program, in which they can run through transactions, but it wont be counted on the system. So basically, one person pretends to be a customer with a menu, while the other gets to know the tills and rings through the fake transactions. Simple? A good way for them to get to know the tills, especially when I've been working there for two years and there are times I cant find anything.

So while they were doing this, we put a closed sign on their till, and the rest of us took care of the customers, now keep in mind, it is NOT busy. No customer was waiting more than a minute to be served, but of course, for some, a minute was far too long.

A customer walks up and slams his hands on the bar.

SC: I WANT THE MANAGER! NOW!
    Me: I'm the supervisor on duty, is there anything I can help you with?
    SC: What are THEY doing? *points to the poor innocent new starters*
    Me: Oh, they're training. We've got some new recruits so we're giving them the chance to get to know the system, instead of throwing them in the deep end...
    SC: I went up and they said they WEREN'T SERVING! Then THEY pointed me down here!
    Me: Well yes, they're training. Is there anything I can get you sir?
    SC: Why are you doing this while customers are waiting, I don't understand it!
    Me: Well we are having a quiet night, so its really the best time...
    SC: NO ITS NOT! THE BEST TIME IS WHEN YOU'RE CLOSED!
    Me: The problem with that sir, is that once the tills are cashed up, they no longer work until the morning...
    SC: You've got people waiting to be served! And you've got them playing at the end of the bar!
    Me: They are not "playing" they are training!
    SC: I still think you should be training when you are closed.
    Me: Sir, the only hours we are closed is between 1am and 9am. Are you suggesting that we bring EVERY new employee in at those hours for training?
    SC: Well, people are waiting!
    Me: Sir, the only customer waiting is YOU. People have come and gone from the bar the whole time you have been complaining. Now, what can I get you?
    SC: Nothing! I just wanted to let you know how disorganised this place is!

And he walked off! I was left completely baffled.

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    SC: Nothing! I just wanted to let you know how disorganised this place is!
    Translation: "I have no life, and I'm not happy unless I'm bitching about something!"
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
      Nothing! I just wanted to let you know how disorganised this place is!

And he walked off! I was left completely baffled.

You were baffled by a man that obviously had nothing to do but tell you how he thinks you should run a place of business? Is it me, or could this man have been served in the time it took for him to argue his pointless, well, point?

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
        Translation: "I have no life, and I'm not happy unless I'm bitching about something!"
        That's it in a nutshell. And the scary part is:

There's quite a few of them out there without proper supervision.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
        X