Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had to call the cops at the drive thru! (moderate length)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to call the cops at the drive thru! (moderate length)

First, whoever decided that pharmacies should have drive-up windows should be stabbed in the face and shot from a catapult. Anyway, a few weeks ago (it's been a while since I signed on), this woman was at the drive-up, and we didn't have her insurance card on file. So she gives it to my colleague running the window and she gives it to me.

She comes back ten minutes later and as it turns out, the insurance card is too old and the number has changed, requiring us to make a phone call. So while I'm on the phone with Blue Cross, she is absolutely refusing to move. The line builds up behind her, and she refuses. Two of my nicer female colleagues ask her nicely to move, but she doesn't budge. So finally, I tell HER insurance company to hold on while I to TELL her to move. She still refuses, so I tell her that I'll call the police to remove her. She says something like "Do what you have to do." So my manager calls the cops.

So, instead of hanging up the phone and charging her full price for her meds, I get the right info from Blue Cross and get off the phone. Knowing that it will still take a bit of time to fill the script, I have to go out and tell everyone behind her the situation so they have to reverse and come inside.

Then the cops show up and are talking to her from the passenger side window. All of a sudden, she guns it and tears out of the drive thru, sufficiently ticking off the cop who was leaning on her window.

So, we give the cops all of her information from our computers and she's charged with fleeing the police, when all she had to do was not be a SC.

Looks like somebody won't be driving her car for a long time.

Comment

Makes me wonder what kind of meds she was needing...

I don't understand the whole pharmacy drive-thru either. Seems like too many potential complications to make it a reasonable option. And if you get there and find out there is some problem, why the hell not just get out of your car and go inside to straighten it out, so the people who just need to grab their stuff and go can, well, grab their stuff and go?!

Food, drugs, banking, whatever...I hate drive thrus, anyway.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I personally love the drive thru pharm near my house when I'm sick and getting antibiotics for a sinus infection or something of the like--this way I don't have to go inside in all my sickly glory. :P But I always have all my info, go to the same Wgreens, and know that I'll drop it off and have to come back in a half hour to get it.
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

The pharmacy drive thrue was designed for the elderly, infirmed, contagious, and parents toting their sick kids. But who uses it the most? Young, able-bodied lazy people.

Comment

Someone always ruins a nice convenience for the people who really need it.
            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

I've never used the DT at a pharmacy (only one pharmacy has one around here and its not the one we use anyways). I do use the one at the bank I go to, they are very fast and its quick and easy (my deposits are checks only no cash). I love DTs at fast food places too. Because usually if the DT line is too long you can park and get in and out quicker then the lazy dry pool diving teem fodder.
              My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

The DT should be a quick experience, but some people want to ask a ton of questions about their insurance, ask for merchandise from the front of the store and other time-wasting crap.

When they finally leave, I've got a line of angry people.

Even better are the ones who think I'm going to put their script ahead of people inside. Sorry! If I say the wait is an hour, it's because we're swamped. No, I will not rush your script, because that's how mistakes (and thus death) happen. My pharmacy fills over 3K a week, which is a lot. The wait time reflects the current volume we're experiencing. It's not like we're back their sipping pina coladas and getting massages!

BAH!

Comment

Quoth PharmTechPhantom View Post
                  It's not like we're back their sipping pina coladas and getting massages!

-Tears up his application to the local Pharmacy.-
                  "How bloody difficult is it to take care of a DVD?"
                  ~Me after any time I look at the back of a disc~

Comment

Will-Mun- go apply to a Safeway or local grocery store pharmacy, They never do the volume that stand-alone pharmacies do. It's really not that bad of a job, either.

I'm fortunate in that our drive-thru was a complete afterthought, so there's only one lane, it's hard to get into, and it shares the same space as the loading dock. Whenever we get a truck in, it renders the drive through useless.
                    Bonus points if you get a soccer mom in workout clothes complaining that she had to come in to pick up her script, because a truck was in the way of her minivan.

I also am happy when the people dripping mucus and coughing all over everything use the drive-thru. We've had people with TB come through, and It's nice to have a big window between me and their nasty germs. I also prefer to have the drug addicts getting their needles go through there.

That being said, whenever I have a dickweed threaten to not move until I complete a task for them, I just tell them straight out that I will not start the task until I see their tail lights leaving my drive through. It's a traffic hazard here if the line gets too long because it hangs out into the street. It tends to work pretty well.

Comment

I won't use a pharmacy drive through. I go inside because I like to look at the instructions and decide if I have any questions.

The only time I've been through a drive up at a pharmacy was after I had some dental surgery. My Mother was driving and I was still under... uh, the word is completely escaping me! Not sedation, you know there was an IV and I fell into a deep comatose state. GAH! Someone please give me the word! My oldest boy calls this a "brain fart".

Anyway, she couldn't leave me alone in the car so we went to the drive up. I woke up in bed at home. Not sure how she got me there, I assume someone helped her.

As a side note:
                      I'm surprised how much I remember after 'going under'. I can remember images of things that happened- part of the surgery, being on a bed in the office with 2 nurses talking while checking my blood pressure, my Mother talking to a nurse, the pharmacy drive up. I could feel myself fighting to regain conciousness and control.
                      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                      HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                        the word is completely escaping me! Not sedation, you know there was an IV and I fell into a deep comatose state. GAH! Someone please give me the word!
                        Anesthesia?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Yes, anesthesia. Thanks.

I actually went and took a shower and while rinsing the soap out of my hair the word popped into my head. I hate it when that happens.

Back to the regularly scheduled topic...
                          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                          HellGate: London

Comment

Some guy came in yesterday and I told him it would be an hour to get his three scripts ready, and he actually said "You expect me to wait here for an hour?"

Now what I really wanted to say was "Let's just you and me sit here and contemplate the stupidity of that statement."

But I just said "No. You leave and then come back after an hour."

The DT seems to be a dumb @$$-hole magnet.

Comment

Just when you think only fast food places get morons in their DTs...
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X