This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you drunk, or just stupid?

I just posted another thread in the Morons in Management arena, but I have another (albeit shorter) story to get off my chest.

Slight backstory--I get along with ALL our techs. I'm pretty much infamous for even getting along with the techs that hate everyone, as I'm sweet as sugar on the phone.

Got a call a few minutes ago from a tech. He's someone I've talked to before, never had a problem with, but I could immediately tell he was either drunk, or had just been woken up--he just sounded...fuzzy. He didn't seem to know why he was calling, finally gave me a case number and I relayed to him that we'd contacted him this afternoon (a whopping 6 hours ago) to let him know we were still waiting on an update on a unit he sent in for repair, and that the case would be on hold until we got an answer. No response necessary, yet he called.

He then proceeded to make me look up another case he swore he had opened that I couldn't find, and after I summarized the three open cases he had, he gave me a 10 minute rambly lecture about some part he needed to send in for repair and some other stuff I know nothing about, as I'm not tech support. When I finally got him to stop babbling, and explained that I wasn't entirely sure what I could do to help him, he got snotty and said something along the lines of "Don't ask a question if you don't want to know the answer" which made no sense, as I'd asked no question. He then finished up by ranting a little more, and stating "ah, it's funny, isn't it" when I nervously laughed. At that point, he seemed to give up, and just said he'd call back later.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford
Working...
X