This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Coupon Quickie

Had a woman come up to my register with another of the old style green $3 Ink Recycling Coupons (ie, NO LONGER VALID). It was dated no later than January 2006.

Me: I'm sorry ma'am, but this coupon has expired.

SC: What do you mean?

(I mean, it's no good, dumbass)

Me: They expire three months from the date of issue, and we haven't issued these in over six months.

SC: No one told me it would expire!!!!

(And you didnt' read the bold print that says Expires three months from date of issue? Oh wait, of course you didn't)

Me: I can't speak to what was or wasn't said when you go this. I would have told you had it been me.

SC: Well that's not very fair!!!!!! I gave you guys that cartridge in good faith, expecting that I'd be able to cash this in!
    (And WE gave YOU this coupon in good faith, expecting you to use it before it expired. Three months is plenty of time)

Apparently, because she has never heard of the concept of expiration dates before, that makes them "unfair" and an act of "bad faith" on our part? I suppose that she would expect her milk to last forever as well, then when it spoils take it back to the store and complain that it's "not fair" and "no one told her it would expire?"
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Note to self: Use the coupon during the same visit I drop off the cartridge.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Most of the time, that's exactly what people do. They'll bring in the old cartridges, then immediately use the coupons towards replacement cartridges. But not everyone does, do thye can and do trickle in later. Honestly though, this one was at least 14 months old. How long does she expect the thing to stay valid? (probably forever)
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
      X