This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
    Considering that I sold computers for four years and currently do tech support for a branch of state government, that actually does make sense when viewed through the understanding of some of my customers / colleagues. Cecil, you're scaring me.
    ...mind, I am in customer support too. You need to learn to think like them in order to defeat them.
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Quoth C. Cecil Ivanish View Post
      ...mind, I am in customer support too. You need to learn to think like them in order to defeat them.
      And the most convenient side effect of the craniectomy is that the subject never realizes that it occurred,
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        And the most convenient side effect of the craniectomy is that the subject never realizes that it occurred,
        Mike excluded!
        FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

I love how intelligent people here are asking why this mental giant did anything, when the answers to all those questions are so blatantly obvious.

Why did she wonder about having to pay in the winter?
          Why did she want to hear what 911 sounded like?
          Why did she have such trouble with difficult concepts, like the number 4?

You people, with all your experience on this site and in your jobs, still give far too much credit to people like this, and try to find logical reasons for their actions and questions, despite logic having nothing to do with it.

The answer to all these "why?" questions is, as I said, rather obvious.

Now, how shall I put this politely? Hmmm....oh, I know.

Because she's a fucking idiot!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            You people, with all your experience on this site and in your jobs, still give far too much credit to people like this, and try to find logical reasons for their actions and questions, despite logic having nothing to do with it.
            I guess my questions, though worded as 'WHY', were actually more along the lines of "HOW". As in HOW in the HELL can anyone this f*cking stupid actually survive long enough to reach an adult age?

Anyone THIS dense surely could not have survived his/her first attempt to cross a street. It just seems to that me natural selection should have removed anyone this mentally-deficient from the gene pool a long, long time ago.

Comment

Perhaps the answer to your How question is, Darwin was wrong.

Still A Customer."

Comment

It's easy for most of us to understand these features and the ways these things work. However, if she couldn't grasp these basic concepts, I would have been discouraging her from buying a phone in the end. Too much hassle, and the sense of a repeat problem caller.

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
                  Anyone THIS dense surely could not have survived his/her first attempt to cross a street. It just seems to that me natural selection should have removed anyone this mentally-deficient from the gene pool a long, long time ago.
                  Something I ask myself every single day...I mean, seriously, how do these people manage to clothe and feed themselves? And how do some of them actually manage to keep jobs and function in society?

I mean, I get illiterate. I had one elderly man who I was providing tech support to tell me in the saddest voice ever that he didn't know how to read. We managed by me telling him exactly how many times to press the down arrow on his remote to get to certain items, etc, and he was a great customer, easy to help because he LISTENED and was capable of comprehension. When a stupid cow is perfectly content to continue being a stupid cow then there's not much you can do.

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
                    • She didn't know how to turn the phone on...
                    • She thought $10 a month was wayyy too expensive...
                    • She wanted to know how to dial 911, then when I showed her, she asked me to call it so she could hear what it sounded like (didn't believe me when I told her that was a BAD idea)...
                    • Was indignant that she'd have to "still pay for it during the Winter?!?"...
                    • When I told her how to dial numbers, she asked me which number was which (it took her 5 tries to dial a '9')...

Maybe you should have called 911 for her. It seems to me she must have been locked in someone's basement for an awfully long time.
                    "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth thatcrazyredhead View Post
                      Maybe you should have called 911 for her. It seems to me she must have been locked in someone's basement for an awfully long time.
                      To be honest, I would have let her, if I didn't think that it could somehow get back to me having been here, in the store with her, when it happened...I'm positive that she would have told the police that I was the one who did it.

In any case, she's been back a couple of times now; once to add funds to the phone, and once with her brother (who, incidentally, had trouble deciding between his State I.D. and his SSN card when I asked him for a valid picture I.D....if you know what a SSN card looks like, you'll understand the suck).

She, of course, had quite the opinion on the fact that she was being charged tax.
                      "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                      -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        Perhaps the answer to your How question is, Darwin was wrong.
                        Not really, its just Darwin's theories just don't account for members of the species protecting others from some or all of the consequences of their actions/weaknesses. If a monkey tries to jump too far, falls out of a tree, and breaks his arms, he'll likely starve to death. A human will likely get medical care and help feeding himself from other humans.

Of course, I think it is a good thing in most cases that humans don't just let our weaker members die. Monkeys are jerks.
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I thought for sure the punchline was going to be her saying: "How can I dial nine-eleven when there is no eleven on this phone?"

But it seems she was too stupid for that. It took her five tries to find the 9?!?!?!?!?!?
                          To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
                          To pursue it with forks and hope;
                          To threaten its life with a railway share;
                          To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

Quoth Mondestrucken View Post
                            I thought for sure the punchline was going to be her saying: "How can I dial nine-eleven when there is no eleven on this phone?"

But it seems she was too stupid for that. It took her five tries to find the 9?!?!?!?!?!?
                            Yeah, she kept pressing the star, or the 8, or the 6, and each time she asked, "Was that the '9'"? Once '911' was entered in, she said, "Well? Are you going to call it for me?"

What a wonderful treat of a customer. She actually asked if I would give her a free class on how to use it. A phone that she didn't get from me. That wasn't even in her name.
                            "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                            -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                              Of course, I think it is a good thing in most cases that humans don't just let our weaker members die. Monkeys are jerks.
                              Monkeys throw poo, but humans throughout history have been far bigger jerks. Personally, I think monkeys have it right.

Not that we should let our weaker members die. Just the suckier ones.

Still A Customer."

Comment

This woman has got to be illiterate, or nearly so; very uneducated; possibly brain-damaged. I'm not saying this to be nasty. I'm serious.
                                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X