Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wait for it............. Waaaaaaaait for it..........

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait for it............. Waaaaaaaait for it..........

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS!!

This note said something I'd never seen before:

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING A PERMIT FOR THIS LOT, DO NOT TOW!!!

Well, I know that in this era of instant messaging, instant coffee, instant noodles and instant regret I didn't run away and join the circus every time I get bills in the mail, people have kind of lost the meaning of what a "short wait" is.

But, fact is, this gentleman's car was spotted at 8 in the morning, with all available evidence being that it sat where it had been all night, was still there at 11 am when it was ticketed, and still there at 2 pm when I towed it.

Granted, some things take a long time before you get any tangible results, like wind erosion, continental drift and papal elections, but, c'mon man! It doesn't take that long to walk the 2 blocks from where you parked to the rental office of that complex and get a permit does it?

And seeing as how we've had your car for 3 straight days now, and nary a word's been heard out of you, I can only assume that you've lied to me, or that's one very very long line your waiting in....
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Maybe he got confused and went to the DMV. You'll probably hear from him in a few weeks, when he finally gets to the front of the line and finds out he's in the wrong place.

Comment

Does a sticker saying, "Police aware" have any effect on you, Arga?

Rapscallion

Comment

Other than getting a good chuckle out of me as we tow them away you mean? Nope.

Unless the police themselves or the owner of the property have called us/left the note, then it's purely academic what it says. Not allowed to park here means not allowed to park here.

I know I've mentioned this in other threads, but, if you car breaks down in a place other than your property/driveway, the thing to do is call someone IMMEDIATELY for a tow. It's going to need one eventually and the rates for service tows are much more amicable than impound fees.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          Does a sticker saying, "Police aware" have any effect on you, Arga?
          Just curious, but what does that sticker mean, in terms of towing?
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Keep in mind, we only tow from private property. Public property can't be towed from unless a public organization (police, township employees, PENNDOT) ask for it to be moved.

On private property, it means nothing. It's not unusual for someone to abandon a car on a public street, get a few tickets, and push it into the nearest parking lot, assuming that will buy them more time when it, ironically, got them LESS. I've seen cars abandoned roadside around here for weeks at a time before getting the hook. On private property, you're lucky if you last 48 hours.
            Last edited by Argabarga; 10-13-2013, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
              Well, I know that in this era of instant messaging, instant coffee, instant noodles and instant regret I didn't run away and join the circus every time I get bills in the mail, people have kind of lost the meaning of what a "short wait" is.
              A couple gals parked there car in Hubby's parking spot once. I went out to confront them.

Me: "Will you be here long?"
              Gal: "No, just a few minutes."
              Me: "Okay that's fine. This is my husband's parking spot but he won't be home for another 40 minutes so as long as you're gone by then it's all good."
              Gal: "Um...maybe we'll ask our friend where we should park." They moved their car to visitor parking 5 minutes later.

I'm still working on the formula to convert SC time to standard time, but I do at least know that 40 minutes is shorter than "just a few minutes" in SC time.
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Remember, there's also the matter of how it inconveniences the SC.

If they're forced to wait, 1 minute = 2 hours

If they're in the way of others, 1 Hour = a minute

Comment

Working...
                X