This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listen Much?

The other morning one of our long term guests asked me to extend his room for another week. He would now be checking out on the 15th.

I let him know we were close to selling out on the weekend of the 18th and 19th and if he planned on staying past the 15th to let us know asap.

The next day (I heard) he complained to the afternoon person that I told him he would have to vacate his room because we had no rooms for the weekend.

Really? At no point did I tell him he would have to leave. We always sellout for home UM football games and I was just trying to ensure he would have a room if he planned on staying.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.

I feel your frustration. I've learned the hard way to document every damn thing I tell the customer, no matter how common sense it may seem. They hear what they want to hear.

Comment

I do the same Mysticgirl. My dad told me that one time he was working on a project and whenever people would tell him to change something he would write it down. One time this guy came in and totally freaked out about something in the plan and my dad pulled out his notebook and the guy who freaked out was the one that requested the change.
      The angels have the phone box.

Comment

Working...
      X