X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it my day for stupids?

Quick post as I want to go home.

I just closed. Locked the doors, ran end of day, etc. I forgot to turn off the neon in the window display. It reads "Gifts" in bright orange script. Orange is our store's sign color.

Anyway, woman just banged on my glass doors saying that she wanted to come browse. I told her we are closed, but we open at 9 AM. She said "Your OPEN sign is on! You have to let me in!" I responded with "It is?! Why thank you! I would have run up a HUGE electric bill overnight! So thoughtful!" and went and shut it off. I don't gotta do nothing since it doesn't actually read "Open."

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
    "It is?! Why thank you! I would have run up a HUGE electric bill overnight! So thoughtful!"

LOL!!! Awesome!

Seriously, why do people seem to think that employees have no life outside of work. Closed means CLOSED!! Just because "you are the customer" does not mean you can come in after hours and keep employees at work part their shifts!!! GR!

Comment

Really? I know some stores that leave those signs on all night so people can see what they sell during the day.

Comment

I know about the open sign issue (from a customer standpoint). I went to a local mexican fast food joint (not a big chain just local to our town) last week. This place had 2 open/closed signs. The big one said open so I went to the door and tried it....damnit locked. Then I saw the smaller sign by the door that was slid over to closed. I could have cried, I wanted that damned burrito, but alas I didn't have it in me to be all SCish about it and just went on my merry way....
        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
          She said "Your OPEN sign is on! You have to let me in!"
          One of the local pizza places seems to have a bad habit of forgetting to turn off the neon "Open" sign, because I can drive there any day, any hour, including the middle of the night when I come home from the bar, and the thing is on, glowing brighly in the darkness.

Somehow, I'm picturing this woman yanking on the door at 3:00 in the morning, screaming, "Your sign is on! Someone better let me in!"
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
            One of the local pizza places seems to have a bad habit of forgetting to turn off the neon "Open" sign, because I can drive there any day, any hour, including the middle of the night when I come home from the bar, and the thing is on, glowing brighly in the darkness.

Somehow, I'm picturing this woman yanking on the door at 3:00 in the morning, screaming, "Your sign is on! Someone better let me in!"
            Ya know that image just kinda gives me the warm fuzzies :0)
            I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

Working...
            X