This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the oddest deliveries in a while

About 7:00 tonight, we got an internet order, paid for by Visa, and the address was for the three dorms of the local college. This college also owns several apartments, which are about a block away. I had a delivery to one of these apartments as well at 121 Anystreet. At all of these buildings, you need to call them first, and then meet them in the lobby.

I tried to call the number on the internet order, but got voice mail. I dropped off the 121 Anystreet, and drove to the most common dorm, hoping to get lucky if she was waiting outside. No such luck, and I called again. This time someone answered, and they did not order a pizza. I went back to the store, and explained the situation to the manager C, and took another few deliveries.

At 8:30, I got back from a triple, and C told me that she called back, and her address was actually 121 Anystreet. I asked him what the phone number was, and he got it, but didn't write it down (normally, I would have been pissed at him, but he was having such a bad day anyways, I let it slide). I told him there was nothing I could do without the phone number, and the pizza sat.

At 9:45, I got back from another run, and he told me she called back again, and her address was actually 123 Anystreet. This time he had a phone number, and C made a fresh pizza, and sent me on my way with it. With all of the correct information, the delivery went very smoothly, and I showed up a little after 10, and she got her pizza. She apologized for the mixup, and even gave me a (small) tip.
Working...
X