This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Read signs before asking questions

I work for a corporate copy center and I don't believe making copies is difficult. I am payed to work on projects, not on helping self-serve copies, though everyone is supposed to help if people are not competent enough. That said I have so many common problems that make me quite sad.

1. I keep printing blanks sheets
    Solution: Perhaps putting the thing you want copied on the big red "Place Document Here" sign would help

2. How do you make double sided copies
    Solution: Choose the option on the first page that says 2 pages to 2 pages

3. Can I get some glue sticks?
    Solution: Go to the customer supply drawers located on every desk in two spots with signs posted and pictures in case of illeteracy or a language issue, though if you are asking me for a glue stick, you obviously speak english.

And lastly

4: Where can I make copies? *Tear*
    Solutions: Sadly, due to the obvious deficiency in brain cells, I do not believe that you are qualified to operate said machine and probably will have to fix your jamming issues, I will make the copy myself to save the inconvenience of a destroyed machine.

That's almost as bad as "Can I buy computers here?" asked a person coming into a store with a HUGE sign saying "[owner's name] Computer Store" in at least 4 places that the person should have seen on their way in.

I so wanted to say "Nope, we only sell stuff to computers...Here's your sign"
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I'm forever fixing the printer and photocopier since people seem to jam them and don't know how to fix them again. Drives me crazy. It's gotten to the stage were I don't let anyone else to facny jobs on the photocopier since I don't want to have to fix their mess!

Comment

Quoth TheKit10666 View Post
        Please Read signs before asking questions.
        A customer actually reading a sign before asking a blindingly obvious question?

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha!

That joke made my day!
        "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
        .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Signs are pointless with some people

Comment

Quoth TheKit10666 View Post
            3. Can I get some glue sticks?
            Solution: Go to the customer supply drawers located on every desk in two spots with signs posted and pictures in case of illeteracy or a language issue, though if you are asking me for a glue stick, you obviously speak english.
            Er...? Great, speaks English<> reads English, thus, illiterate.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Noo noo noo. Customers read signs. When they are fake and good for them.

Case in point. We have a bunch of plastic sticky things on all coolers telling the customers the price. Bud/Bud Light 2/3.33, Cookies 1 dollar etc.

Well over in the coke cooler, the sticker is the coke price.

Did I mention that each month has different stickers AND different colors AND until recently, had the month on it? So Janary would be Blue colored with JANARY Price clearly written on it.

Anyway, it was around April or June two years ago. A customer brought up a 2 liter of coke, and i proceed to ring him up. He started to SLOWLY look up to the price on the computer. For some reason alarms were already going off, like he knew what the price was but wanted to bitch anyway.

He claimed that the price was only a dollar. Which was 50 cents cheaper then what the computer was stating. I already knew it was bullshit since I sell coke all the damn time. I proceeded to tell him to prove it. He takes me to the cooler.

Lo and behold, a Blue sticker with the coke price. That clearly said JANARY price. He then proceeded to shake his fist at it, telling me to sell him to that price. Then I noticed something sticking out his vest. I pointed to it, and he then proceeded to stuff his hand into it, but it still fell out.

Yep. Coke sticker. For April. (Or June, whatever it was, it was the current month).

"Sorry sir... Seems somebody changed the sticker, but since you have a spare, I'll take it".

He then left in a huff, clamimg he use to work in retail, and he would have given it the marked price, even if it was a mistake.

I couldn't help it, but I clearly remembered the USED TO part.

I swear, stealing a sticker for coke price and sticking it on a cooler to get new price?? It would have been clever. You know, had it been the right color for the month and the right month.
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Too bad it would be a waste of time to make a sign that says, "Please read the signs".
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I get nice, vague questions because people don't want to read.
                  Stuff like (and I'm not making this up)

"How much is it for chicken?" ......
                  "How much is it for fish?"
                  "Are you open?" (Said after waiting in line behind 3 other people, all who walked away with chicken)
                  I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
                  less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                    "Sorry sir... Seems somebody changed the sticker, but since you have a spare, I'll take it".

Mike
                    Meow.........

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                      Then I noticed something sticking out his vest. I pointed to it, and he then proceeded to stuff his hand into it, but it still fell out.

Yep. Coke sticker. For April. (Or June, whatever it was, it was the current month).
                      You shoulda called the cops on him for trying to steal your sticker!
                      Re: Quiche.
                      Pie is manly.
                      Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
                      Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.
                      So sayeth Spiffy McMoron!

Comment

Working...
                      X