This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pointless (and painful) narration

This is a story from a couple months back...but well worth sharing.
    One Sunday morning, while on shift at the Resturant for more fun, I was recovering from a minor cold. Since we don't have any tissue on the floor (sanitary issues) I have to go to the bathroom to blow my nose.
    So, I'm standing in a bathroom stall, and apparently there is a lady in the stall over, and this is what I heard:

LD = lady
    Me = again, me.

LD: (from inside her stall, said in a singsong voice) "I'm going to flush the toilet now."
    (You hear her struggle to flush the toilet - it's one of the ones with a foot toilet handle...yeah.) Then..."Oh, it doesn't want to flush" *giggle* "Oh, I'm trying to flush the toilet again."

*toilet flushes*

Me: *trying desperately not to laugh outloud...I'm waiting to see if she's going to continue narrating or if she realizes I'm still standing in the bathroom.*

LD: (turns on the sink) "I'm washing my hands...ooooh, look at the nice pink soap."

*water turns off*

LD: (You hear the paper towel dispenser spit out a towel or two...meanwhile she's narrating) "Now I'm drying my hands, drying my hands."

*crumpling paper towels*
    LD: *opens door* "Now I'm opening the door and going home!"

Me: (after she's left of course) "Thank all that's holy that you are."

Does anyone else think something might be wrong? After this incident, I couldn't help but think : what have I gotten myself into?
    check out my new blog!!!!

http://pitofdespairblog.blogspot.com/

feel free to comment/send me the links to your blog!

Any chance she was on a cell phone?

Even still, I would NOT want to get a narrative on what someone in the bathroom was doing.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Maybe she wasn't "all there..." if you know what I mean. I heard a story from my friend about this guy he knew who did the same "narration" thing in the men's room because it reminded him to wash his hands. Well, I guess basic hygeine is easier for some people than others.
      "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Perhaps she had a bit too much to drink and in her intoxicated state thought it would be uproariously funny if she started narrating. I've witnessed such drunken lunacy before.
        Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

That story gave me a great idea.
          Tomorrow at work, I am going to narrate EVERYTHING to my coworkers. Maybe some customers. And definitely in the third person.
          "Knightmare heroically grabs a one gallon bucket of paint. The customer wants it mixed to a puke green. Wait.. the customer changed his mind and now wants a bright orange paint. Too bad Knightmare all ready started mixing it. Knightmare wishes that customers would know what they truly want before they come up to the paint desk."
          I'll probably even give it a title, and chapter titles, and at the end of the night, say "The End."
          Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Just imagine what you would have heard in the minutes preceeding your entrance into the rest room.

This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
              Just imagine what you would have heard in the minutes preceeding your entrance into the rest room.
              /shudders

"I'm dropping my friends off at the pool now! More sinkers than floaters! Interesting!"

"I'm doing my paperwork now!"

Hey, perhaps she was making a movie! Like that Japanese toilet training film!
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I am reminded of that Family Guy episode where Peter narrates his own life.
                "I awoke several hours later..."

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
                X