Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shouldn't take five minutes to decide...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shouldn't take five minutes to decide...

So, its 2.25 AM, which means people got five minutes left to buy beer. Guy comes running in shouting how much time he has. I tell him five minutes.

So he looks at the coolers. We have about six coolers, with 24 different beers. (Six packs, single beers, 12 packs etc...).

Me: Three minutes!
    ME: TWO minutes, better be quick!
    Me: ONE MINUTE, CAN'T SELL AFTERWARDS!

Guy is still running up and down the asle looking at the beer. I see the time, and it hits 2:30. I proceed to lock up the beer coolers, while he's still lookng. Finally he grabs a cooler door (Thats locked) and tries to open it, pointing to the beer. "I WANT THAT ONE, SELL ME THAT ONE!"
    Me: I can't, its pass time.
    Dude: PLEASE! COME ON, PLLLLLEEEEEEEASE?
    Me: NO Dude, I told you had five minutes and ya didn't listen!
    Dude: I didnt know it was so close, just this once?
    Me: N-O
    Dude: *Sniffs like he's going to cry, and just mutters fine. He leaves the store.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Yeah I get that all the time as well. I have actually seen a customer cry because I wouldn't serve them after time.

Comment

Seems like if he wanted it that bad, he wouldn't have been so picky.
      It also seems that if he wanted it that bad, perhaps it's best he DIDN'T get it!
      ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

One grocery store my brother worked at, the registers were programmed not to sell beer when it wasn't allowed. So even if a customer brought some to the register, it could not be rung through.

Comment

Can you say alcoholic?
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Thats why you decide what kind/size/canned or bottled beer you want on the way to the gas station

Comment

OK, maybe he was looking for a particular brand and didn't see it? Though if I knew I had 5 minutes, I'd just, I dunno, say "I'm looking for a 6 pack of X"...but then I'm all logical that way. I'm weird, I know.

And he didn't know it was so close? Does the length of 5 minutes vary?
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                And he didn't know it was so close? Does the length of 5 minutes vary?
                That and selective hearing apparently, seeing as the OP kept telling him "3 minutes!" "2 minutes!"
                Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Working...
                X