This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC: "People are really that stupid?"

It's late at night and my husband just finished installing tire chains for a woman.

Him: "Now as you back out, watch out for the sign"
    (the sign is large and portable and very well lit up, it's not out there in the dark and should be very noticeable)
    SC: (looks at him like he's insane)
    Him: "I just watched another person come close to hitting it and thought I'd mention it"
    SC: "People are really that stupid that they've hit that? (incredulous) Really? That really is unbelievable, it's so lit up!"
    Him: "You'd think it's pretty noticeable but, like I said, I just saw someone come close..."
    And customer leaves.

Within minutes husband was outside again and notice the sign at a different position. Out of curiosity he backed up the surveillance recording and sure enough, she tapped the sign as she backed up, got out, moved the sign back, ran back to her car and took off.

Not sucky but amusing.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
    ~Clerks

"It's called a blind spot for a reason -- you can't see the damned thing!"
    I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
    less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

That is one of the only things I hate about my truck: it has huge blind spots because of the ridiculously oversized C pillars. If you aren't sure what I am talking about, just look at this picture. The C pillars are the big diagonal parts of the body that are between the small triangular windows and the larger windows in the rear. Like I say, ridiculously oversized. Makes backing out an adventure every time.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        just look at this picture.
        Looks like your SUV's antenna is all ready for a night of wild, crazy safe sex.
        Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
        TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          That is one of the only things I hate about my truck: it has huge blind spots because of the ridiculously oversized C pillars.
          I used to know a guy with one of those. I don't know why they built them like that, on earlier models the pillar concealed one of the roll bars, but then they stopped building them with roll bars and kept the pillar.
          You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Sadly that sounds like something that I would do. I am a crap driver!
            "If all else fails...blame the dog"

Comment

Hey, Jester, I hate more than just that about your truck.

Seriously, I'm completely anti-SUV in any form unless they are used for actual SUV purposes and nothing more.

Anyway, I'm normally an outstanding driver and I make a point of knowing where my bumpers and sides are and where other things are in relation. However, I did have one incident where I was attacked by a light post. No joke. I took the same path out of the space as when I went into it. Plus, the post was a cylindar of concrete from the ground to 3 feet high, but the bumper was untouched while the taillight and trunk got banged up. It was freakish. And the worst part? It wasn't my car!

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth skeptic53 View Post
                Looks like your SUV's antenna is all ready for a night of wild, crazy safe sex.
                Actually, that is NOT my truck. As you will notice from my avatar, my truck is a lovely color of blue, not grey. That truck was just a picture I googled to demonstrate what I was talking about.

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                Seriously, I'm completely anti-SUV in any form unless they are used for actual SUV purposes and nothing more.
                Well, I don't go OFF-ROADING in it, but I DO use it for its versatility such as cargo hauling and other things on a regular basis. Let's just say that it is a two-passenger vehicle far more often than it is a four-passenger vehicle. Actually, as we speak the rear seats are down in the "cargo hold" position.

AND I am also using said SUV to help RW move down here, by not only hauling cargo itself, but also by hauling a trailer, as it is far more capable of such a feat than RW's beloved Baby. (Great car. Plenty of power. No tow bar/assembly, and less power and torque than my truck.)

Still A Customer."

Comment

SC: "People are really that stupid?

Need this question even be asked??
                  ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Had she not gone off about how stupid it would be to hit it, it wouldn't have come close to post-worthy.

I love my SUV. Up here in the snow on a mountain road, there's no way I'd drive my kids in anything smaller on a regular basis. Holding 7 comes in handy for school trips since we don't have a bus and then there's the whole Costco supply trips.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                    ~Clerks

Comment

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of them, are stupider then that!" - George Carlin
                      http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
                      Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

No matter how stupid "that stupid" becomes, people will always be that stupid.
                        "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Jester: Try a fullsize van sometime; it's a lot of fun, considering our neighbor has trees all the way to the sidewalk, and the road curves, so I can't see anything until I'm 10 feet into the road

My A pillar easily blocks my view of an entire car on the passenger side, and because I sit so high, my mirror can completely overlook a car in the lane next to me.

Often prompts thoughts of "No, idiot, I'm not trying to entice you to race, I'm trying to get you out of my blind spot"

I plan on taking pictures of my blind spot and posting them to the corresponding Wikipedia article.
                          I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
                          less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

My mom drives a VW bug, and that thing has blind spots like you would not believe, given how small and round it is. I don't even like driving it, as I'm not used to having so many blind spots!

When we take family trips in my dad's SUV, my brother and I will be in the back seat, checking my dad's blind spots for him, and letting him know when it's safe to merge/move over.
                            "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
                              Jester: Try a fullsize van sometime; it's a lot of fun, considering our neighbor has trees all the way to the sidewalk, and the road curves, so I can't see anything until I'm 10 feet into the road.
                              I know, I know. I have driven a number of vehicles that were not my own, for a variety of reasons, including a flat bed with horrible sight lines one time at the resort I worked at. And not on the open road, but in the tight confines of the resort itself. Sometimes, I even amaze myself.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X