This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash Back Showdown

Ok I understand that ATM fees are crap. At our store, the fee is $2.67 plus whatever your bank charges. So I guess that's about 5 bucks in fees.

Well, in our store we have a rule for all customers: the cash back limit is $10.00 for one customer's card, once a day only!

Well this clever SC was checking out at my register, and asked us what the cash back limit was. My boss quoted him this rule, and apparently he got this confused because he keeps telling him "I'm gonna show you a magic trick. You wait, I'm gonna show you a trick."

Well SC sends in his friend, with his card in hand, and the boss stops him and says "Man, I can't let you do that. (Repeats rule again)"

SC comes back in: "How you gonna tell me I can't get cash back? You said it was once per customer!"

Boss repeats rule cause SC didn't here him the first time.

SC: "Man this is bull*hit! F*ck this store!" And then proceeds to threaten the Boss.

Boss: "Competitor is right across the street man."

SC left in a huff without his proposed fight.
    “I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.”
    ― Rebecca West

Whelp, if they don't want to deal with ATM fees, they should go to a freaking ATM from their own bank!

Or switch to a bank that will reimburse all ATM fees (they do exist.)

Jerks.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I'm guessing you work in a convenience store, right? None of the convenience stores around here ever give cash back, it's ATM or nothing. Well, ATM or mosey a couple miles up the street to go to Big Time Grocer for cash back.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

yeah, i work in a gas station bainsidhe. I really don't see why they come to us for cash back either. Their are several grocery stores in the area that offer $40.00 cash back, and a Wells Fargo up the road.. Oh well.
        Last edited by pinky; 12-22-2013, 06:38 PM.
        “I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.”
        ― Rebecca West

Comment

Only ten dollars?

On my desk, we do cashback of up to £50 (about $80) and very few ATMs here have fees either. The nearest one does but the ten or so next closest don't.

I went to France and I was horrified by all the ATM fees!

Is there a reason for the limit?

Comment

We do $20 cash back at CStore. Per transaction. Yes, people do take advantage of it and do two transactions to get $40 back. Two transactions I have no issue with. Any more than that... walk your ass back to the ATM.
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I'm jealous that you have a limit like that.

My store does $75 maximum at a time, and we have no limit which means someone wanting to pay their rent at the end of the month will clean out our drawer with three transactions (buy gum, get cash back)~~

Multiply that by a few dozen people, and I'm borrowing money from the front desk which is probably a paperwork nightmare for office staff!
              Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

wow! that 75 is a heck of a lot! Especially with no limit..the reason we have a limit is because our store has to pay the landlord a fee for any cash back transactions. So if somebody buys something really cheap, it ends up costing the store more than they took out. I'd rather go straight to my bank, even if it's midnight....
                ― Rebecca West

Comment

My C-store does NO cash back. There is a competitor around here that has been creeping in that does do it, I don't know how much of a limit, but it's making more and more customers asking for it when they come in here. It brings me joy to tell them no. I would HATE to bump up safe amounts to cover for that garbage. We're not a bank. That's what the bank's ATM is for in the back passed the candy, salty, soda and milk

Comment

Quoth pinky View Post
                    yeah, i work in a gas station bainsidhe. I really don't see why they come to us for cash back either. Their are several grocery stores in the area that offer $40.00 cash back, and a Wells Fargo up the road.. Oh well.
                    Then we must be getting the ones who get turned down at the C-store coming to the grocery store (aka the Litter Box) to get cash back first thing in the morning.

Current rules is it's only with a purchase and a $100 limit. Even so, if it's first thing in the morning, the cashier won't have the ready cash on hand and will have to call for the opening MOD or office person to get a loan from the office.

And if they don't want to purchase anything, oh well we've got a Stagecoach bank around the corner and down the road a piece AND at least two others. Oh well, can't have everything we want, now can we?
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Not sure where ya'll are from (except Brenn I know isn't far from me), but we have Kwik Trips here for our largest chains of gas stations, and they have no-fee ATMs (although that doesn't include bank fees, my bank allows x many withdrawls a month so I just do that to avoid the fee). Otherwise, Wal-Mart allows up to like $100 cash back, so I don't see why people act the way they do.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

And that $100 wipes out the first thing in the morning tills, causing the cashier to have to IOU the CSM's podium. At least that's what would happen when I worked at Hell Mart. We only had a $100 to start with and those were in fives, ones and change. Mostly ones and change. Imagine how pissed off I would make customers, because, why the hell should they wait for a CSM to get their farking cash backs?! Don't I know how important and busy they are?!

Sorry, snarfdoodle. You got me right after I got my till and I'm not allowed by company policy to hand you so much coinage that they can hear you leaving.
                        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

When I worked at a small store, cash back was encouraged. To the owners, it meant less cash in the tills which reduces robbery. But we always had the right to refuse if we knew it would wipe out the drawer. Thankfully, I never really had any assholes complaining about it.

Comment

Quoth CrappyToHelp View Post
                            Is there a reason for the limit?
                            I'd imagine to keep one suckstomer from wiping out the till in cash back.

I don't have to pay a fee for cash back at any store in my area that does cash back, but I can only do it with a purchase and none of the C stores that I know of offer cash back.

I like to get my cash when I make a purchase since it's no fee and more convenient than hitting an ATM. I won't use one that charges fees, and my credit union's doesn't but they're not always where I am so . . . .
                            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

actually, in this case, i think it has more to do with the fact that the store has an ATM that charges a fee. The store would probably prefer for the sucktomers use the ATM instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X