This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But that's not what is on the sign

Before working in a call center I worked in a grocery store where we got some real winners. After the forth of July we were selling off all of the excess items and the sign on the table read 40% off and all the items were marked as such. One customer decided to buy about half of what was on the table and I was ringing everything through she stopped me to tell me the prices were wrong. I explained to her that the prices were correct and she looked at me and said that price was not 40% off. I explained to her that this was the price as stated on the sign and she started demanding we give her the 40% off and that we were lying to her. It took myself and another cashier 5 minutes to explain to her the sales price and she walked out saying we were ripping her off. Of course she never accused us of this when she came back the following week. And people wonder why I like taking calls.
    I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

I have the opposite problem at the moment. We have a sale where items are 10-70% off the marked price. And the sign clearly states "off the marked price". Yet customers are constantly asking me "Is this price marked on the item the reduced price?"

I know they just want to check because they can't believe it's such a good deal. But hearing it so many times in a day is driving me crazy.

And don't get me started on the people that can't do simple maths....Really, is 50% off so hard to calculate?

Comment

Yes it is,for example, well ma'am I can give you half of your 500 dollars in roaming. So your giving me 400 dollars?
      I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

Working...
      X