Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Far Does That Stick Up Your Ass Go?

B&N is a wireless hot spot. att runs it, i guess. i don't know how wifi works, how much it costs, if its got hourly rates, if its free, whatever. im a bookseller, not a damn computer tech.

i had a lady call and ask if our wifi was free. i had to put her on hold to check the brochure we have available, and it said if your provider was att, it was 1.99 or something. i told her that, and she says she doesn't have att so how much is it for non-members. i told her i didn't know, but let me ask around.

me: as you can tell, we're not very computer savvy

sc: what are the per minute rates?

me: well, the best i can do is give you the website with all the info for att wifi access. this brochure doesn't tell me anything else. i don't know how much it costs for non members.

sc: why don't you find someone that knows, ok? can you do that?

can i shove a foot up your ass? o wait, id probably break it on the stick thats already up there.

me: let me check. (i talked to the only other guy that might know. he doesn't.) ma'am, im sorry, but no one knows. the website is your best option.

sc: you don't know what services you offer? i find that hard to believe. can i talk to your manager?

me: she's not gonna know either.

sc: get me your manager. now.

i pass the phone to H. she's on the att website, and it doesn't give her any more info than the stupid brochure. she tells the sc that.

sc: this reflects poorly on you. you don't know anything, so how can you train your employees? how can you not know the services you provide?

H: ma'am, we don't provide this service. att does.

sc: unbelievable. this isn't brain surgery, you know. who is your supervisor?

H: M. and she will be in on tuesday.

sc: hangs up.

okay, so we probably should know more about this, but we tried our best, dammit. and if its not brain surgery why can't your dumbass figure it out?
    Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

Didn't you know that us retail slaves are supposed to be omniscient?
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth B&NGoddess View Post
      sc: get me your manager. now.
      And that is where it ends for me. Seriously, I have gotten in trouble, or, really 'talked to' at other jobs for this. I do NOT take orders from customers.

If somebody said "I want to talk to the manager" or "I want to see the manager" then that's different. But the second a piece of crap sucky customer gives me an 'order' it's over. I have told customers in the past to ask me or address me in a civil tone before I get a manager for them.

Of course, I am a supervisor now so I deal with the suckys more. I make it a point to ALWAYS back up my team though. They appreciate that.

Comment

Working...
      X