This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racist Freak

A quickie but a super sucky. We have this motorcycle type convention nearby and are booked solid at the hotel. Now the bikers who usually show up are fun and pretty nice people but this one jackass takes the cake.

He had stayed here last year and asked us who the new owners were. When informed of their names he said "Oh they're sand %^&*$^ huh?" My boss quickly put him in his place though rather quickly. It still boggles the mind to have him say something so rude about someone he never met. The owners are the coolest and nicest people to work for and should not be disrespected like that.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

I get that a lot at my hotel! The owners are Indian-American. They are awesome and everyone in my town wants to work at our hotel because of the benifits and extras we get! Yet, I hate giving the people the name Patel because you see the ignorant part of the brain just light up. People still come in and the first thing they ask is, "Is this place American owned?". I say, correctly, "yes"!

Just because they are Indain too, should mean no difference. They are citizens, are probably much more moral and ethical than most people and the ones I know run great hotels, although there is the stereotype, unfortunately. I have to expain to people that Patel is just a common Indian last name.

I want to tell some people to go across the street to the 50yr old Holiday Inn, which has never been taken care of and it shows. "But the Holiday Inn rate is lower!", people have said to me. We are two completely different hotels. You get what you pay for!

Comment

I prefer non-American born hotel owners, they tend to care more about their business. Although, I do wish that the local owners of a certain hotel would get somebody that understood American idioms and slang before they post up signs that say "Welcome, we want to please you." It makes me giggle like a school girl every time.
      Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

Working...
      X