X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why wait until the last minute.....

and then NEVER show up.

My pizza place, on weekdays, is open until 1am. Gotta love the last minute callers both for delivery AND carryout.

Had one tonight that is all too common an occurance.

Phone rings at 12:55am. The customer wants a carryout. Not that big of deal. carryout time is 15 minutes.

(a bit of background)
    BUT at that time of the night we STRONGLY STRESS to the customer that it is near closing time and they need to be prompt in picking up their order as it is very near closing. We will only wait only so long for them to pick up their order, but we will usually give them say an extra 5 minutes or so leeway. after that time, the order is canceled and either thrown away or the remaining crew gets free food. tough shit so sad too bad. WE do NOT want to wait around for your ass to FINALLY decide to get up off the couch and pick up your order. WE WANT TO GO HOME.
    (end background)

The guy orders a pizza and a couple of orders of wings. we TELL him the order will be ready by 1:15AM and (as per above) we inform him that we are ready to close and to please pick up the order ASAP. we go about our closing duties. Now the MOD can not close down the POS system till either the order is picked up or we give up and cancel the order.

1:20am rolls around. No customer. wait another 5 minutes. OH WELL order is canceled (yeah I got 2 orders of wings ), the POS is shut down for the night, and we get the hell outta Dodge.

10 minutes later we exit the store. I am giving the MOD a ride home and as we are pulling of the parking lot from the back of the store we spot a car sitting in the front parking lot. IT seems someone was puzzled that the store was closed.

I wonder who????? sorry we waited. BYE BYE.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

That's a LOT of leeway if you ask me. Very nice of MoD and yourself.

Woot! Free wings are best wings.

Comment

Gee, free wings. I work in a library. If someone doesn't pick up their reserved book, it stays on the shelf for three days. I'd rather have the wings.

Comment

So this idiot showed up a total of 20 MINUTES later than he was supposed to. Which was 40 MINUTES after he called in the first place. Time management? What's that?

Let us know if he calls to complain...
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          So
          Let us know if he calls to complain...
          I and most likely our managers could care less if they complain.

AND our franchise is really keen on saving labor during the slow times. You snooze you lose.

Comment

Racket.. your GM sounds a lot like mine. We tell them what time we close when they order late and we don't screw around with getting things closed up. If he is within 15 minutes of counting the till, the order is cancelled, less if all the cleaning is done. Which it normally is.

What.. its closing time. Are the pans washed? Okay cancelling it, who wants free food? (Amazing how often the ladies at the gas station get free pizza. No cost to anyone cause we get comped for things like that and it instantly makes their night go from shitty to awesome.)

Comment

This is a cliffhanger of a story. I really really hope he calls to complain and you tell us about it.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                Woot! Free wings are best wings.
                Especially when seasoned with the bitter tears of an SC.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

so far NO complaint.

End of Tale

Comment

Dang. How dare he take it so tamely!!

Comment

Working...
                    X