X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ballsy customer...

Rather short one here....

I'm sitting here at work, and a notice pops up that I have a website inquiry from my business...

I've only gotten one legit one in the almost 2 years I've had this open, but some faint tickle of the charred remains of my faith in humanity perks up thinking it might be legit....

Then I open it...and read the following...

I Was wondering if you have it in your heart, and are able to PLEASE send
    me a Copper And Brass Engraved OM Bracelet?
    I suffer from depression, anxiety, phobias and very bad panic attacks,
    due to this I am unable to work so my finances are not good.

I WOULD APPRECIATE IT SO VERY MUCH!
    YOURS FAITHFULLY & SINCERELY [name redacted]

[name redacted]
    [address redacted]
    South Australia
    I personally am of the opinion that it never hurts to ask, but I'd take such a massive loss and get nothing back, but SOUTH AUSTRALIA.....

Or do you think I'm over reacting. I've not replied.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

I wouldn't actually call them a customer since they are begging you to send your product for free. I would just ignore the message.

Comment

IGNORE!

I hate people.

Comment

You should totally reply.

"Sure.

Please send us $[cost of bracelet] plus $[cost of shipping] shipping and handling, and it'll be on it's way!"
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Oh geez, I apologise on behalf of my fellow South Aussie brethren.

I promise we aren't all THAT dumb!

The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

And while

Depression is nothing to make light of. But if this person goes thru life thinking it is the responsibility of others to go to expensive lengths to help them for free. Well!

Maybe they are depressed because people keep saying NO to them.

The answer to depression is to ask the right social services for help, not to ask people for expensive gifts.

I wonder how many other people this person has asked for free stuff, and how much they really got?

Comment

...Assuming any of that is true. It's pretty easy to SAY you have certain problems. Whether or not it's true is another story.

I totally sympathize with anyone who really suffers from those problems. But does this person? Who knows.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'd be tempted to reply back with,

"I share your pain. I too suffer from <insert horrible diseases here>, and selling these bracelets is the only way I can afford to buy new shoes for my five children, one of whom is suffering with <insert other horrible disease>. If you would consider donating <cost of bracelet + shipping>, I would be so grateful."

Comment

I think ignoring it is probably your best bet. Responding in any way other than "Why, YES! I'd love to give you a free bracelet!" is only going to cause unneeded drama. From reading here and other places, the ones who mention they are "suffering from (horrible disease)" are usually the ones who are not only seeking attention for it, but thrive off the drama "having" it causes. Telling them no means that you must hate people who suffer from (horrible disease)! Then they can tell their friends that you hate them, and they get the pity from their friends/sympathetic people.
                  If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

<as an aside, I wear my deceased Dad's copper chain ID bracelet not because it does anything with my joint pain but because I gave it to him some 30 years ago ...>
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I suffer from depression, anxiety, phobias and very bad panic attacks,
                      due to this I am unable to work so my finances are not good.
                      And an engraved bracelet will help with this... how?

Comment

Working...
                      X