This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A neat idea.

Most SCs are SCs because they're never called on it. What is needed is public embarassment.

I would love to see a site where video footage with audio of SCs could be put up - with identifying information. Users could grade the suckieness and they coudl be sorted by rank. I think people would behave better if they knew that their friends, neighbors and co-workers might see them.

It would be very difficult to to in the U.S. because of the laws about recording audio, but I can dream.
    Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
    Most SCs are SCs because they're never called on it. What is needed is public embarassment..
    We could bring back the stocks. Open it next door to a bakery, and make sure the bakery carries cream pies.

It would be very difficult to to in the U.S. because of the laws about recording audio, but I can dream.
    Find a place that warns that the premises may be audio recorded, then slip a camcorder in.

Comment

There is something a bit like this already. It's a tv show called COPS.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'm all for small fines and penalties for bad behaviour and wilful stupidity. I've dreamed of calmly responding to a yelling, threatening entitlement eedjit with "I'm going to be adding $10 to your bill now"

SC: "Why you do that?!?"

Me: "Well, it's a sliding scale based on obscenity, but essentially, you just pissed me off with your flagrant lack of courtesy. This is for your own benefit - it may be painful now, but the manners you learn from this technique will be invaluable to you and others in the future."

SC: "WHAT?!! YOU *$% #$$ %&&^!! I'M GONNA &$*# ...."

Me: "That's $50, now."

SC: "I'm heartily sorry, Ma'am. Here is my credit card number and my promise to read my contract and think carefully about it for 24 hours before I ring again."

Comment

Apparantly in some jurisdictions, tow drivers can add a "Temper Fee", there is a rather amusing clip from cops, in which a tow driver is trying to tow a guys car, and the g/f is a stripper somewhere down the road, and she is trying to make the money to pay the tow guy not to take it, and the price keeps going up. They explain that when the cops have to be called out they add a $50.00 Temper Fee. If only that could extend to other business, those would be the days.
          The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            There is something a bit like this already. It's a tv show called COPS.

^-.-^
            Not Cops, more like the "Caught on Tape" series you usually see on Spike TV

M
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Most SCs are SCs because they're never called on it. What is needed is public embarassment.
              I had the thought when the infamous "Comcast sleeping tech" video made national news (remember... the tech fell asleep in a guy's apartment?). Yeah, it was a whimsical story and it shouldn't have happened... but national news? A Nightline show?

I couldn't help but think it would be cool to have cable field techs wear minicams and show what they go through on an average day... the insane customers, roach infested apartments, going into the 'hood alone, climbing poles in the middle of winter. And, at an abysmal pay rate, especially if they're subcontractors for subcontractors.
              I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Working...
              X