This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sucky, but disturbing

In the bar, we do hourly toilet checks. We do these just to make sure none of the toilets have been flooded or clogged or that no drunk customers have been sick everywhere.

We also have a lack of female staff, which means the male staff sometimes have to go and check the ladies room. It's not a problem, we basically run in and out, so we don't freak out any women that might be in there.

So, I go to do the 9pm toilet check, I walk in, and there is a woman sat in the cubicle with the DOOR OPEN! She is sat there, having a pee, with the door wide open. She was also sat in the cubicle that was facing the entrance to the toilets, so anyone could have seen her.

She wasn't even drunk. She let out a little scream and slammed the cubicle door shut, and I ran out the toilets. I never saw her again after that. I can only assume she fled the bar in shame.

Why would anyone have a pee in a public place with the door open??

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post

I can only think of one reason: claustrophobia. No way I'd do it though.

Comment

I will NEVER be surprised what people will do in a bathroom unlocked. The family/handicapped washroom at my first job saw all kinds of disturbing incidents, ranging from me accidentally walking in on the old Chinese lady on the toilet, to the mysterious arm reaching for a coat while a guy poked his head out to say he was almost done when a fellow staffer tried to go in to check the washroom.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

We had a stupid patron lose it when an older male security guard did a bathroom check 1 minute before closing. She was being ridiculous; she shouldn't have been in the bathroom in the first place. We normally lock the bathrooms 10 minutes before closing; she was allowed in because she was being a bitch.

Comment

Dude, I can barely use a public restroom . . . let alone let it all hang out with a door open. Although, I've been to restrooms where there were no doors on any of the stalls . . . with other strangers in the bathroom as well . . . luckily, they were nice ladies (and felt the same way) and we all kinda took turns using the toilet at the far end (furthest away from the door and sinks).

Maybe the lady (in the OP) had to use the toilet really badly . . . and didn't have the time to shut and latch the door.
          Last edited by karma_gypsy; 04-20-2007, 11:04 PM. Reason: Another thought.
          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

I remember years ago a coworker who got into big trouble for something similar. He was cleaning the womens restroom when he walked in on a woman who had ignored him when he asked if anyone was inside. Of course management took the customer's side of the story even though security themselves said that he had done everything the way he was supposed to.
            "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Under no circumstances, No way No how, nope, nada. That is just really weird to me. It takes an act of god for me to use a public restroom anyway but I regress that is just out there.
              I before E except after C. We live in a weird society

Comment

Okay, I admit--I'd expect the staff in this situation to be in the habit of calling out to see if anyone is in there before just popping open the door like that. People will occasionally do something like change their clothing in the bathroom (especially at a bar, if they just got off of work and want to get out of their uniform, for instance).

Comment

Bushes, alleys and dumpster docks don't have doors?
                  Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

well I've seen guys at bars leave the door open if they are standing up to do the business since their back would be facing anyone who walks in, but that's the only time I could think of where it would happen.

Comment

She wasn't even drunk. She let out a little scream and slammed the cubicle door shut, and I ran out the toilets. I never saw her again after that. I can only assume she fled the bar in shame.

Was she an older eastern European lady?

When I was in more remote parts of Russia, a lot of the public restrooms would not have doors on the individual stalls. There'd be a pit in the floor in each stall and the ladies would just squat over it, completely unperturbed by the lack of privacy.
                      Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

Working...
                      X