This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor Rant

This is a pet peeve of mine that occurs at least ONCE a week....people will call me to inquire about our products, see if their replacement or special order has come in or what have you...then they get a call waiting call, and PUT ME ON HOLD.

Dude, I have people in the store, and other calls coming in. I might put someone on hold on call-waiting if it's someone I KNOW...like if I'm talking to my mother-in-law and my husband calls. But if I call a BUSINESS and someone calls, they can just wait. I think it's rude to make a stranger sit on hold while you gossip with your bestest friend forever.

UGH!!!!
    I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

As soon as you're on hold, start counting. If you're on hold for more than 30 seconds, hang up. In the SC mindset you've just waited 20 minutes anyway.
    "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Seriously, people don't get it anymore that you don't have to answer the phone every time it rings! If they really want to talk to you they'll call back.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Miss Manners is with you on this one, for the record. Her column has long praised voice mail and lambasted call-waiting. Frankly, I wish phones came with a simple button that, so long as it was switched, incoming calls would automatically go to VM if the phone is in use; if you're in a real 'waiting for a major call' situation, you could then turn call-waiting 'on'.

Hang up on 'em, and claim you were disconnected if they bitch about it.

Comment

I really don't get this. I have people calling about their business's and then put me on hold. I will admit I get snippy with them. On this same subject does anyone have people that will answer an alternate call on a different phone and have you hear the whole conversation. This really confuses me.
          I before E except after C. We live in a weird society

Comment

Working...
          X