Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All I want is some f__kin' gratitude sometimes!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I want is some f__kin' gratitude sometimes!

So I'm a pharmacy tech at (giant chain), and since I moved to the city, I've noticed that the nice people/@$$ hole ratio is favoring the latter by a great deal. There are times when I go above and beyond, whether it's calling a doctor to fix THEIR mistake, calling an insurance company , and a handling a slew of other time-consuming messes, and sometimes I don't even get a damn thank-you! Sometimes they get rude and indignant because it's taking so long to fix a problem that wasn't even ours to fix!

Conversely, when someone comes in who is a genuinely kind person, I get happy. I should not be happy every time someone acts like they've got a sense of common courtesy. That should be status quo.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

If you were the only one who felt that way, this site wouldn't be here.

I work for a well-known grocery chain that started in my home state some 50 years ago (aka the Kitty.) I'm pretty much unappreciated every day I work (with the exception of the scanning person I work with one or two days a week) everyone else just ignores my efforts for the most part.

It's retail in the modern day. Gone are the days where a person got recognition/raise/promotion for their hard work. All it gets us now is just more work and more headaches.

BTW, welcome to CS.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Thanks!

I just really find gratitude to be important in everyday life, not just at work. When someone goes out of there way to do something for me, they usually have to make me stop thanking them. It's frustrating that my efforts and those of my colleagues are overlooked by the very people we're seeking to help.

Comment

Yes, I totally know how you feel, especially because in our profession we have to be the bearer of bad news that isn't our fault a lot of the time. Sometimes I just want to look them in the eye and say, "Congratulations, you just shot the messenger."

BTW- are you having the same issues getting in oxycodone that we are? We managed to find some of another manufacturer somewhere, but we were totally out for a week there.

Comment

Well, good points. Gratitude and basic human kindness has gone the way of the dodo for alot of retail positions.

We are looked down upon by all these "professionals" who think a monkey could do our jobs.

With you guys in the phamacy they don't realize you had to go to school for that. Medications are not something that can be taught over-night, you need school.

With Dgoddess and I it's like a monkey could do our jobs. I'd like to show them that it can't happen. Hell, some upright monkeys couldn't do our jobs.

Working in technology, as little as I do anymore, I still have to keep up on trends and new offerings and read stupid stories on the internet about the fantastic new corkscrew with wireless internet radio stream and mp3 playback.

Like Tyler Durden said;

"Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... f*ck with us."

These "professionals" need to realize this. If all retail workers decided not to do it anymore, they wouldn't be able to do they things that they do.

The would be no moving or shaking.

I'll shut up now.
          90% of the people complain because of the 10% that ruined your day........

Comment

Quoth Red Briggs View Post
            With you guys in the phamacy they don't realize you had to go to school for that. Medications are not something that can be taught over-night, you need school.
            Actually, to be a technician, you don't need school, you just need extensive training. To be a pharmacist though, you need six years of school.

Phoenix, I haven't had trouble with Oxycodone, at least not that I know of. Are you talking about the 5mg tabs?

Comment

Working...
            X