This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man arrested in my window

A man came to my window with a $99 ticket. Well, when I scanned it in, it said it was already redeemed. Hmm. I double clicked on it and realized it was done by a slot person.

So, I told the guy my computer was acting up and I had to be right back. Here's the conversation between me and the slot supervisor:

I told him about the redeemed ticket.

SS: Is it for $99?

Me: Yes.

SS: This is the same guy from last week... Keep him in your window, I'm sending security to arrest him.

Me: Okay...

I went into the back and informed my supervisor. I didn't know what to do. She didn't either. I knew though, I had to keep the guy in my window no matter how nervous I was.

I went back to my window and started talking to the guy.

Me: I'm really sorry sir. They'll be here in a few mins something happened with the ticket.

SC: Do you know what it is?

Me: Oh, something is wrong with the barcode and it won't let me scan it in. They're going to fix it.
    (I pulled that lie right out of my ass and he seemed satisfied)

We waited a good twenty mins. I asked him a few questions about how his day was, how its going and if he's on vacation. He stayed nice and calm. I could tell he wasn't suspicious nor knew anything about technology.

SC: This happened to me last week too.

Me:
    I had to hide my shocked face but why would he admit it??

Me: This is getting ridiculous. Let me check and see what is keeping them.

I acted like I was pissed about him having to wait but in reality I was getting upset that it took twenty mins to call security when the podium is two feet away from me.

I went into the back and asked the supervisor if she'd pretend to be busy up front. I was getting anxious.

Finally, about five mins later the slots supervisior and security took the guy away.

I had to take a little break after that. It was hard not to blow my cover. It was weird but I guess the guy knows nothing about technology...

TWENTY minutes for security to get there?
    Maybe they would have gotten there a bit faster if the situation had been violent, but still...I'd be upset if I were you.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
      TWENTY minutes for security to get there?
      Maybe they would have gotten there a bit faster if the situation had been violent, but still...I'd be upset if I were you.
      I second that. Violent or not....any clue why it took a coons age to get up there?
      Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Easy answer, of course. There was a hot brunette over by the craps table that had a pair of her own "dice" that defied gravity. The THO didn't help either, I'm sure.

What? I've dated security guys. Don't believe them for two seconds if they say they never look at that kind of stuff.
        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
        X