This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's magically dumbasslicious moment of fucktardery

This morning I got called to bring a chest of drawers to the service desk so we could scavenge some parts from it (sigh--not again!)

Apparently the couple bought one yesterday and the husband, being a stereotypical guy, did not bother to read the instructions before putting it together. Had he done so, he would've noticed the following Vital Information For His Everyday Life:
    1. Make sure you have all the required wooden pieces and screws, nuts, bolts, allen wrenches, etc. before beginning assembly (an illustrated parts list is provided For Your Convenience when doing this)
    2. If any parts should turn up missing, call the manufacturer's 800-number, and they will ship the missing part(s) to you within 24 hours.

Instead, he must've tossed out the instructions and began attaching pieces and parts together in such a way as to build something vaguely resembling a chest of drawers. Near the end, he noticed he was missing parts, so he and the wife returned to the store.

The lady behind the service desk first got to deal with the wife. She informed the wife of the 800-number provided to order missing parts. The wife threw a shitfit, "But we NEEEEEEED this immediately! I don't have time to wait for the parts to get here!" Nobody ever does.

So I brought up the new chest of drawers, still factory-sealed in its box, and the husband rooted through it until he found a bag of hardware he thought he needed (He didn't even know for sure which part he needed! Dumbass).

Then he proceeded to cop an attitude with the service desk lady, claiming he had been given a defective chest that had been returned by somebody else. She explained to him it was probably an error by the manufacturer. His response? "I bet when I leave you'll glue it back together just like new and try to sell it again!"

Oh dear, you got us. We didn't get up early enough to put one over on you. We take every defective piece of furniture that gets returned to us or has parts taken from it,spend hours rearranging everything neastly back in the box, seal it up with glue like the factory does, and put it back on sale, so that somebody else can buy it, discover there are missing parts, and return to the store and force us to open another box. Nothing gets past you.

So nice to see people exercising their Constitutional right to be mouth-breathing morons.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    We take every defective piece of furniture that gets returned to us or has parts taken from it,spend hours rearranging everything neastly back in the box, seal it up with glue like the factory does, and put it back on sale, so that somebody else can buy it, discover there are missing parts, and return to the store and force us to open another box.
    Aha! So you admit it!
    I knew it!

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Who, us? NEVER!

I'll have you I bought the computer chair I'm sitiing on right now from my store, and it's worked perfectly creak creak clink fine. It's as solid as a brick crack BOOM!

Oww! What the hell?

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
      X