This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Satisfaction

I just hung up from this call and had to share! For some reason here at work I am allowed to do everything except give a customer a price to buy a water softener. (too many variables based on water test, etc) Most people are okay, but not this rollin' stone!

First call:

RS - I want a price on a water softener.
    Me - C is out of the office right now, but if you'll leave your name and number I'll have him give you a call right back.
    RS - I just want a price for a softener for 6 people.
    Me - I can't give you a price, it depends on your well. We test the water to determine what equipment you need.
    - Click -

Second Call:

RS - I just called and couldn't get any satisfaction so tell me who I can talk to to get some satisfaction?

So I explain it all over again and once again he hangs up on me.

I'm sorry sir, we're not in the business of satisfying our customers in that manner... I think you need a different type of business.....

I would've had a hard time not asking him to sing that..... "I can't get no -dum dum dum - satisfaction...."

Comment

What's a water softener?

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
        What's a water softener?
        Water softener, if I understand correctly, is either a chemical or sometimes a machine that treats water for particular chemicals that make your water 'hard' or... acidic, I think? Hard water has a tendency to dry the skin, and can cause allergic reactions in people.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth air914 View Post
          I would've had a hard time not asking him to sing that..... "I can't get no -dum dum dum - satisfaction...."
          That's the first thing I thought when I saw this thread

Comment

Quoth air914 View Post
            That's what I thought of when I read the OP
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
              Water softener, if I understand correctly, is either a chemical or sometimes a machine that treats water for particular chemicals that make your water 'hard' or... acidic, I think? Hard water has a tendency to dry the skin, and can cause allergic reactions in people.
              It's a setup designed to pull various minerals out of the water. The stuff that's in the ground that gets moved along with the water-- the stuff that keeps it from tasting like distilled water.

Some people do it for health reasons, some people do it for taste reasons-- but around here, it's done because if you don't, your plumbing is going to gunk up fast.

If your local stores carry water softener salt, and you never knew what it's for, it's because salt water cleans the gunk off the softener setup. The salt water (with gunk in it) gets dumped straight down the drain, rather than going through the in-house plumbing.

Comment

I got something like that today,

First call;
                "Good afternoon, this is ____, ____ (hardware). How can I help you?"
                Oh, I was trying to reach (electronics). I need to speak to someone in (electronics).
                "That is me also ma'am. How can I help you?"
                Do you carry wireless headphones?
                "Yes ma'am. I'll put you on hold a sec, let me grab what we have off the shelf."
                ---
                "We have X with features Y, A with features B, Q with features R. They cost $, $, and $. We also have J, which costs $, but that has been on backorder for a bit."
                Any idea when you will get J back in?
                "....No ma'am, it has been on backorder."
                Bye

About 10 minutes later, I happened to be near a phone and answered.
                Nothing, then Click.

Rings again, within a minute or so.
                Again nothing, then Click.

About 5 or 6 mins go by, rings again but I wasn't near enough to answer.
                Radio Call, "Line 2 wants to speak to the (electronics) manager.

Curiosity burning I jumped the manager shortly after she finished the call.
                "Anything important?"

Did you speak to someone about wireless headphones? They wanted to know what features each one had.

I'm such a little liar.

We generally carry both sodium chloride & potassium chloride. I believe Morton's also makes a variety of salt products for softeners.

We don't carry the actual machines though.
                "There are times in your life when you'll have to eat crow. Actually, you don't have to eat it-just hold it in your mouth long enough until nobody's watching, and then spit it out."

Comment

Working...
                X