X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions people ask me

"Is COKE considered a Pepsi product?"

"How many shrimp come in those 51-60 count shrimp?"

"How many come in a dozen?" (And no, they don't mean a bakers dozen)

"Can I get some banana pudding?" (I work the seafood counter)

"Can I get some baked chicken?" (Again, seafood counter)

"when you gonna put more lettuce out on the salad bar?" (seafood!)

when asked if they wanted their shrimp raw or cooked "What's the difference?", having them reply "Neither"

"what's wild caught mean?" (It means, they go out and catch 'em rather than grow 'em on the shrimp trees...)
    you are = you're. not "your".

Quoth simplyanother View Post
    "Is COKE considered a Pepsi product?"
    It does not look like those Pepsi and Coke ads are working, not to mention why do they think those taste tests were done.

"How many shrimp come in those 51-60 count shrimp?"
    Okay they did not pass grade 4 in school.

"How many come in a dozen?" (And no, they don't mean a bakers dozen)
    Make that grade 3.

"Can I get some banana pudding?" (I work the seafood counter)
    My brain failed me on why they would think that.

"Can I get some baked chicken?" (Again, seafood counter)
    Still failing.

"when you gonna put more lettuce out on the salad bar?" (seafood!)
    Well, now my brain cells are melting from trying to figure out what they are thinking.

when asked if they wanted their shrimp raw or cooked "What's the difference?", having them reply "Neither"
    Neither! NEITHER! What on could they want then?

"what's wild caught mean?" (It means, they go out and catch 'em rather than grow 'em on the shrimp trees...)
    Or you use wild men to do the hunting/fishing?

Comment

"Do you have the one with that guy who was in that movie last year...?"

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
        "Do you have the one with that guy who was in that movie last year...?"
        I think it was blue...
        My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

Do you have that thing I saw on TV? The website said you had it.
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
            Do you have that thing I saw on TV? The website said you had it.
            OMG. I hate that one!

Comment

I want a shrimp tree.

Comment

"I'm looking for this thing, it was on TV. The box is green, I think. I don't KNOW what it's for, but I want it!"

I work in a drugstore, so it's kind of important what you are going to use the product for ... wrong medicine can kill people.

Comment

Well, one advantage of working the seafood counter is you should have plenty of salmon to smack the silly customers with.
                  Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

I'm going to that place, you know... Up the road from the thing?

Or anyone asking for a street address or post (zip) code, or worst of all just the county(!) with no clue as to how to find out their true destination - yes, my till looks like a computer but I have no way to access anything outside the POS software used to issue tickets.
                    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                      Well, now my brain cells are melting from trying to figure out what they are thinking.
                      They're not, that's the problem
                      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post

Quoth simplyanother

Neither! NEITHER! What on could they want then?

Schrodinger shrimp!! Once it goes in the pot it's both raw and cooked! LOL

Comment

I am not allowed to slap the customers with the salmon. I've asked. Nor am I allowed to taze them. It's really no fun.

When I got the answer "Neither", my brain just broke. It's really difficult to reply to that without sounding like a smartass. "What's the difference?" broke me even more.
                          you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

"Do you have that black sweater I saw in the catalog/online?" Um, we have MANY black sweaters. In a number of styles. Best of all? Nine times out of ten, they can't remember correctly, and the sweater is blue or some style totally different from what they've described.

Comment

Thank you for calling <nationally know red roof> pizza place <blah blah>

Do you guys sell pizza????

Unfortuneately this "question" has been asked MORE times than I care to count.
                              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                              X