This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wimpy Customers

Ever have a customer with a valid complaint that refuses to contact management?

Why would they rather bitch to you about your lazy, miserable co-worker than speak to the store owner?

I've had this situation arise a few times (always about the same co-worker, btw) and I tell them they need to speak to the owner.

Why are they too wimpy to do this?

BTW, I'd like to see the back of this particular co-worker but she somehow manages to keep her job.
    The customer is always right until I decide he isn't.

Most of my customers just want ME to tell Management. Maybe I should tell them that I have a phone with just one line that goes directly to the CEO & that I'll jump on that suggestion immediately! LOL Oooh, should I push this red button over here that says "Don't push" while I'm at it?
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Oh, yeah, I think I've actually posting complaining about this. I've actually told people, "Yes, I'd be angry, too. You have a good point. I myself can't really fix it, but I know the manager would like to know about this. Can I get him for you?" Only to have the person say, "No, I dont' want the manager. I'm just pissed because blah blah." And I re-iterate what I just said, only to have them refuse again.

A couple times I went to get the manager anyway, to return to see them fairly fleeing out the door.

I've had people call me at TV WOLO to complain about what TV WLTX was airing (they couldn't get through to WLTX, so they called an ENTIRELY UNRELATED STATION.)

At TV WOLO, morons bitched at our janitor and our security guard.

One old whacko used to call me (this during the Gulf War) at WOLO to rail and scream about what a lousy president Bush Sr. was. (Cuz, you know, the president gets most of his council from master control operators in leaky, two-bit local television stations.)

A large number of people do not want a solution. They just want to bitch.

Comment

I'll go wit complaining for the sake of complaining.

Maybe they get sick pleasure out of screaming at people they consider "lower" than them.

I don't know.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I have the same problem with my coworkers and customers. We have one carryout who could drive a sane person crazy. Customers don't want her to carryout there groceries and the coworkers don't want to be there on her shift because she is so slow and she can get very mean and nasty to them. They always rant to me. If its something minor I just usually file it away, but if its important I take it to the manager.

The reason that nobody goes to management.... they don't want to get her in trouble. I've tried to explain that they aren't getting her in trouble, shes getting herself in trouble, but they still don't say anything

Comment

Quoth Canadian In Maine
            Ever have a customer with a valid complaint that refuses to contact management?

Why would they rather bitch to you about your lazy, miserable co-worker than speak to the store owner?

I've had this situation arise a few times (always about the same co-worker, btw) and I tell them they need to speak to the owner.

Why are they too wimpy to do this?

BTW, I'd like to see the back of this particular co-worker but she somehow manages to keep her job.
            I suspect it's because they in their non-infinite wisdom believe that the employee can wave that magic wand and spread that Pixie Dust on management that will make their fondest wishes come true.

Like that's ever really going to happen.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey
              Oooh, should I push this red button over here that says "Don't push" while I'm at it?
              No you fool!! That's the history eraser button!!
              "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

I think sometimes SCs know that they don't really have that valid of an arguement so they'd rather just whine about it than resolve it with a manager.
                ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Working...
                X