This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't drag me into your divorce!

There is nothing I hate more than couples who are attempting to attack each other through their gas service. They'll call in and shut off gas, or they'll change important information, and there's nothing we can do about it since they're the name on the account. What's even worse is when one partner is getting divorced from the other, and they tell us, but not their spouse. Case in point:

PW= Poor Wife
    ME = ME

PW: I called in to allow me husband to be on the account a long time ago, why can't he access it now?

ME: [looks at comments, sees that he called to tell us he was divorcing her and didn't want his name on the account] It looks as if he took his own name off of the account.

PW: Why would he do that?

ME: Erm...you should probably ask him.

PW: [clearly worried] Why would he take his name of the account?

ME: I don't know, maybe it was a mistake...you should talk to him about it.

But seriously, why put us into the middle of you skipping out on your wife?! If you're going to do so, please just tell her! Don't play this strategic game, pushing your utility pawns around, just freaking tell her like a man!
    Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

but thats why (I'm guessing) he won't tell her, because he's being a coward? or leaving before she blows up on him...one of the two....shoves a divorce counseling phamplet at them BOTH. grr

Comment

Why would he be trying to access the account after he had removed himself from it?
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
        Why would he be trying to access the account after he had removed himself from it?
        I have to admit, that puzzled me.
        Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

This is why I don't ever want to have to work in family law again. There is no amount of money that can make up for the crap you have to deal with.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth ominousoat View Post
            There is nothing I hate more than couples who are attempting to attack each other through their gas service. They'll call in and shut off gas, or they'll change important information, and there's nothing we can do about it since they're the name on the account. What's even worse is when one partner is getting divorced from the other, and they tell us, but not their spouse.
            I've got one even better......

Husband's name is on the account. He's leaving and wants the service out of his name. There's a pass due bill on the account over $250 so we can't just transfer the service, we have to turn off the service until we have proof there is a new party living here or until that bill is paid. Even though the wife's name was never on the account, because they were married and both living here, they are both responsible for the bill. Wife (or ex-wife) doesn't know hubby took gas out of his name, therefore ended up having gas (or electric) turned off. Now she can't get service unless she can get that bill paid, cuz hubby refuses to pay it. This situation can go either way....hubby or wife screwing over the other one....I've seen it too many times to count. I feel bad when it's winter and there are kids involved.... Come on asshat, screw over the ex if you have to, but don't make the kids suffer.

Comment

I'd have told her. Honestly, anything he told me about the account is fair game to tell to any other valid account-holder. If he didn't want her to know, he shouldn't have said anything.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

That sounds like something my old roommate did... moved out and shut off the electricity and I had to pay the bill that was in her name off before I could get power back on.

Comment

I'd have told her too. "Oh, it seems he took his name off because he's dumping your ass. Sorry about that."
                  It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                  -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Working...
                  X