This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky customers everywhere!

I dont think many of you know, that I belong to a community theatre group, the only one in my city infact. We are VERY active putting on 5-6 items a year and our annual fundraiser is our Murder Mystery Dinner. Im currently in it, we run for two nights and its very good value.

3 hours of live entertainment and dinner for $20

On ALL of the tickets, posters, advertising etc we have stated LOUD AND CLEAR that it is a Lasanga dinner, and that dinners would be ordered 48 hours in advance. It actually said that word for word on tickets and ALL advertising. We could not have made it any clearer that there were NO other options for food unless you asked for one!

We had one person request a vegetarian (for the second night) when she brought her ticket (which is the smart thing to do if you dont eat what the majority of the world does)

-which is not a negative statement against vegetarians, I was one for many many years-

Tonight was our first night, guests were to be seated by 6:30pm sharp, dinner was to be at 7:15pm sharp. A woman asks the venue co-ordinator when she gets there at around 6:20pm what other options there are for dinner as shes a vegetarian and therefore obviously will not eat lasagna!

thats right folks.... just under an hour before dinner is due to be served, miss thing announces that she doesnt eat meat at an event advertised as LASANGA dinner. An argument follows with the co-ordinator and the "customer". That caused the co-ordinator to come screaming backstage and yells at the director and producer. Saying how it made the venue look bad...

AS IF ITS OUR FAULT the stupid bloody idiot didnt think to pipe up sooner than that!!!!!! God sucky customers, cant get away from then even in theatre.

By the way, my suggestion of murdering the vegetarian instead of the government offical didnt go down well....
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

You're right. There IS no escape.

I get sucky customers at my apartment complex who complain to me on Saturdays and Sundays that the office is closed and the managers are not home. (This is why you should avoid living next to either manager or office in any apartment complex.) As if it's MY fault they decided to go someplace on their day off. And it's my fault I can't do their job for them when they're gone.

I heard someone complaining once on a park ranger-led tour through a cave near here that the cave was "too cold" and "they should install central heating."

Some of the more ridiculous ones I've heard come from university students. They'll go a whole semester without doing any homework and bombing any tests they might take, then complain that because they pay so much money to go to school they should be given whatever grade they want regardless of how much work they did or didn't do.

--

And somehow, mentioning vegetarian lasagna in a theater setting got me thinking about Into the Woods.
    "Don't ever never ever mess around with my greens. Especially the beans!"
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

Comment

I feel you pain Kiwi, I'm the TD/Manager of a small performing arts center in a small midwestern city and we rent our facility to the public so I get it from both sides. I get patrons complaining to me about how the events and productions are being run by the renters (Something I can't really control unless they are doing something dangerous or damaging.) AND I get complaints from the renters when I won't personally take over management of their events, solve all technical problems and do all their setup for them even though our rental contract explicitly states the things that I will and will not do.

Of course that would be expecting these groups to actually read and understand the legally binding contract they are signing and we all know that isn't likely to happen.
      You mess with me, you dance in the dark!

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
        I heard someone complaining once on a park ranger-led tour through a cave near here that the cave was "too cold" and "they should install central heating."
        Wait....what....HUH?????!!!
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
        X