This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want the room but not the rate cuz I'm special!!!11

Had a dumb man get on my nerves. He agreed to the rate, yet still refused to pay it! What the HELL?!?! At first I thought he was on some drugs but no. here's a dialogue.

Me: *phone spiel*

DM: What is the rate for tonite?

Me: [Rate]

DM: [Discount]?

Me: [Discounted rate]

DM: That's too much! I'm a Hellton Rewards Member! Don't they get a special rate????

Me: No. They do NOT

I get this all the time. We are not a store, where some give you a special discount. Dummies.

DM: Okkkkkk....well, I'll be there Soon

Me: Ok. We have rooms available.

Fast forward a few hours...good thing we had lots of room for once! :\

DM: Hi I want a room.

Me: Was that you on the phone earlier?

DM: Yes it was I.

Me: Oh ok. Well, like I said, we have rooms available for [Discounted Rate].

DM: Uh huh...

Me: HEre's your keys.

DM: *suddenly flips out* WAIT A MINUTE!! I'VE STAYED HERE BEFORE AND I ALWAYS GOT A $120 RATE!! *shows phone* SEE?! THIS IS MY RECEIPT.

Me: The rate depends on which days you'll stay here, there is no flat rate on the rooms. The sales manager is the one that changes it. If you have a problem, speak to her on the morning.

DM: BUT WHY??!?!?! I ALWAYS GET THIS RATE, I'M A REWARDS MEMBER!!111

Me: Being rewards member doesn't get you a special rate. I'm not lying.

DM: .........BUT! BUT!

Me: *hesitate* So you don't want the room?

DM: ....No I WANT THE ROOM I JUST DON'T WANNA PAY THIS RATE!

Me: Sir, I told you what the rate was on the phone, and I told you the same rate in person. I'm not making it up, so do you want the room???

DM:...FINE!!!! *snatches keys and stomps off* I WILL TALK TO THE MANAGER THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!@@

Geez. If you want the room, pay and buzz off. If not, just buzz off! It's the same rate everyone else pays, give or take a few dollars, you're nothing special!!
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

I get these all the time at my job.

The Resort reopened a couple years ago and we were giving away a lot of "OMG we're reopen come stay with us please!" rates.

Now, we've remodeled with all new stuff, we've booked weddings and events all through summer, and rates have gone up accordingly, and people throw shitfits about it!

The best one was actually from last week. A guy was wanting a $150 rate for a waterview on a weekend (these are starting at over $400 right now on weekends). Let's say our GM is named John; this is the conversation that happened:
    SC: "I'm going to talk to my friend Joe about this!"
    CW: "Joe?"
    SC: "Yeah Joe, your manager!"
    *a while later*
    CW: "Hey Joe, your friend is going to be calling you."
    John: "Huh?"
    CW: "Yeah a customer wanted a $150 weekend rate and he called you Joe and said you guys are really good friends and you'd give him that rate."
    John: *laughing* "Oh, I look forward to hearing from him!" *walks away laughing*
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
      Geez. If you want the room, pay and buzz off. If not, just buzz off! It's the same rate everyone else pays, give or take a few dollars, you're nothing special!!
      But, but, I want to take those few dollars!
      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

They can use their Hellton points to pay down the rate. Or was this an azure member who just joined?
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

[SARCASM]What no deals for a diamond member?[/END SARCASM]
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

There's a special name for people like that. You may wish to tell him so-'we've put on the special members rate.You're now a Country Member.'

The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
              I get these all the time at my job.

The Resort reopened a couple years ago and we were giving away a lot of "OMG we're reopen come stay with us please!" rates.

Now, we've remodeled with all new stuff, we've booked weddings and events all through summer, and rates have gone up accordingly, and people throw shitfits about it!

The best one was actually from last week. A guy was wanting a $150 rate for a waterview on a weekend (these are starting at over $400 right now on weekends). Let's say our GM is named John; this is the conversation that happened:
              SC: "I'm going to talk to my friend Joe about this!"
              CW: "Joe?"
              SC: "Yeah Joe, your manager!"
              *a while later*
              CW: "Hey Joe, your friend is going to be calling you."
              John: "Huh?"
              CW: "Yeah a customer wanted a $150 weekend rate and he called you Joe and said you guys are really good friends and you'd give him that rate."
              John: *laughing* "Oh, I look forward to hearing from him!" *walks away laughing*
              Huh, I never get those "I know the owner/GM/Manager" types. Guess I'm lucky.
              Tho there was one waaaaay back who had a voucher for a room that the sales manager sometimes gave...and she threw a mean fit about not getting the right number of beds...or something...never saw her again.

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
              They can use their Hellton points to pay down the rate. Or was this an azure member who just joined?
              Yep, he was an bottom dweller member. Lol. Though he acted like he was on the tippy top tier! Still it doesn't matter therir color cuz they all act the same demanding way!
              Can't reason with the unreasonable.
              The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Yep, he was an bottom dweller member. Lol. Though he acted like he was on the tippy top tier! Still it doesn't matter their color cuz they all act the same demanding way!
                Granted I've only been at the desk for a week or so, but I haven't run into that yet. I got one person who was mildly annoyed that there was a rugby team in the hotel, but I don't really blame her. Said rugby team actually helped with someone who really wanted to be on the 4th floor and was starting to get mad that her eCheckin didn't show that. Once I explained that a rugby team was on the 4th floor, she was fine with her second floor room.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                  I got one person who was mildly annoyed that there was a rugby team in the hotel, but I don't really blame her. Said rugby team actually helped with someone who really wanted to be on the 4th floor and was starting to get mad that her eCheckin didn't show that. Once I explained that a rugby team was on the 4th floor, she was fine with her second floor room.
                  Sounds like someone failed SC 101. A true SC, on finding out that they'd been booked for the 2nd floor rather than the 4th floor they wanted, and that a rugby team had been booked on the 4th floor, would have responded "Then throw them out and give me my 4th floor room, peon!".
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X