This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, we are NOT Pizza Hut.

This happened to me when I was working at the pizza place. It was fairly steady, ie not dead and not insane, just with enough customers to make it interesting, when these two girls came into the shop. I wasn't taking a call, so I served them. They started off by reeling off their order of 2 cheese and tomato pizzas with ham, so I had to interrupt the flow and ask them what size and what base... and this is where the fun begins.

SC1: Idiot girl 1.
    SC2: Idiot girl 2.
    Me: Well, duh.

SC1: We'd like 2 cheese and tomato pizzas with ham and...
    Me: (politely interjecting) What size?
    SC1: Large.
    Me: For both?
    SC2: (sighing, as if I'm telling her to perform some complex task) Yes.
    Me: And what base would you like?
    SC1: We'd like a stuffed crust.
    Me: I'm sorry, but we don't do that here.
    SC2: Yes you do! We came here last week and got stuffed crust pizzas here.
    Me: We've never done that. That's Pizza Hut who do stuffed crusts; we just do thin crust and deep pan.
    SC1: (shouting) I want a stuffed crust! I can't believe you're so stupid you don't know what your own shop does.
    Me: (Thinking: And I can't believe you're so stupid you can't tell the difference between Pizza Hut and *name of pizza place*) I'm sorry, but we've never done stuffed crust here.
    SC1: I want to see the manager!
    Me: (Thinking: Thank for that, now I can leave with the majority of my brain cells intact) OK, just wait a minute.

I go and get the manager, and stay in earshot so I can fully appreciate the resulting row when the manager tells the SCs that no, we don't do stuffed crust and we never have done stuffed crust, just deep pan and thin crust. XD Eventually, the idiot pair order deep pan, their order is made by me, then baked, sliced and given to them. We're thinking that's the end of the matter, when about 10 minutes later, the idiots are back.

SC1: We bought stuffed crust pizzas, and you've given us deep pan!
    Me: (Goodbye, remaining brain cells. It was nice knowing you.)

I didn't bother arguing the toss with them, just went to get the manager. She was very sharp with them, no doubt too feeling her IQ drop a few notches after listening to these morons. They wanted another 2 pizzas for free, with (wait for it) stuffed crusts. Once again, I heard my manager telling them that we don't do stuffed crusts, we never have done stuffed crusts, and their order states that they ordered deep pan. And no, they were not going to get a freebie.

The two idiots eventually stormed out of the shop, swearing never to return and to tell all their friends how crap our shop was. Well, them telling everyone that Pizza Hut is crap was hardly going to hurt *pizza place name here* now was it?
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

wtf.... just wtf...

Miserable attempt to scam or or just plain stuffed crust stupidity?
    not a native speaker of the English language, but trying!

Comment

Maybe even both. O_o
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

That reminded me of something that happened to me years back, when I worked at a fast food seafood chain.

SC walks in, slams his hand on the counter and shouts "DISCOUNT CARD!"
        Me: Excuse me?
        SC slams his hand down again and shouts again "DISCOUNT CARD!"
        Me: (catching on that this old coot is demanding a discount card) We're out of cards,
        but if you tell mention before you order that you get a discount, we'll give you
        the 10% off your meal.
        I honestly don't remember the rest of the exchange, but he got a meal - WITH a discount - and sat down to eat. The next day the supervisor was in the store when I got to work, talking to the manager. Apparently this old geezer had called the 1-800 number and complained that I was rude to him and that the manager was cooking and didn't bother coming over to find out what was going on (the "manager" was actually the cook on duty for the day, the manager was in the backroom cutting fish). I explained to the manager and supervisor what had happened. The supervisor wanted to send this guy coupons for free meals. The manager backed me up and said sarcastically to the supervisor that, yeah, we should compensate the man for coming in and being so rude. The supervisor finally backed off and was just going to mail the man his senior citizen discount card. He went on to say that the man had also complained that he didn't like how we'd "redecorated" the store, he liked the old colors better. Um, we hadn't redecorated the store in more than 10 years, the colors he liked better was the competition fast food seafood restaurant down the street that had gone out of business two years earlier. I was there another two years after that incident and never saw the old man again.

Comment

Stuffed Crust.

Little Caesars does stuffed crust too, but thats about it it's not exactly popular as those are the only places that do it that I know of.

Comment

I generally buy stuffed crust pizza from the supermarket if I so desire one. Don't think we have Little Caesers pizza places over here tho, so it really is just Pizza Hut who do them.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Geez! This is like a Monty Python skit or something!

Comment

Dontcha just love it when they know your job better than you do?
                "...and you've got people. Billions of people walking about like happy meals with legs...." Spike

Comment

What the h-ll was up with those girls? Did they think they were being slick or something? Gah, .

Comment

Stuffed crust? Do you REALLY need all of that extra cheez??? Gag me...

PJ
                    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
                      Stuffed crust? Do you REALLY need all of that extra cheez??? Gag me...
                      I never really found the idea appealing either. Never saw why they were so popular in the first place.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                        I never really found the idea appealing either. Never saw why they were so popular in the first place.
                        At one point I remember there being a peperoni & cheese stuffed crust. Nifty on an otherwise non peperoni pizza.
                        ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth bannedanna View Post
                          There's no such thing as too much cheese
                          My fiance says that. His "three"* topping pizza of choice? Pepperoni, cheddar cheese and extra cheese.

*Written that way because most pizza places I've ever heard of offer cheese as the basic topping to begin with.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth bannedanna View Post
                            There's no such thing as too much cheese
                            I completely agree. I order all my pizzas with extra cheese.
                            "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Wow, I didn't even know Little Caesar's was still around. Last time I remember seeing them, I think Home Alone had just come out.

I admit, I think I almost made the same mistake once, walking into a Burger King and planning on ordering one of those frosty thingies that Wendy's make. Thankfully I realized my mistake quick and kept quiet about it.
                              "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Working...
                              X