This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from the convenience store part 3

Nothing too specific this time. I just had a less than pleasant weekend last week. I put in maybe 31 hours from Friday through Sunday. We ran out of gas, had a power outage... all sorts of bs that complicated things.
    I missed a call from work the other day and I didn't call back, which is something I never do. I figured it was something stupid yet again and I am not the only manager so I decided someone else could handle it this time.
    I have to handle our Friday truck delivery tonight.
    Which is fine with me because I don't feel like dealing with a SC today.
    I may even put on one of my old red cashier shirts instead of my manager uniform just to avoid the whole "are you the manager?" thing that sometimes happens when I am trying to put up the truck.
    You can tell I am not feeling very customer servicy today

Holy Sheep Dip--the store called and you did not answer?? (actual call I got from work on the way home...in a thunderstorm.)

"Umyeah, its Sparkly from the store. Do you really want me to empty the trash outside too?--because it is raining and thundering."

"Sparkle, isn't Cracky working with you until 8?"

"Oh...ya, I guess but I ALWAYS do the trash at 4:30"

"Sparkle, seriously if I have to tell you when it is safe to empty the trash you have a much deeper issue."

"Oh, yeah I do, I forgot to tell you--but cut my finger."

"Wait till the rain stops and put a band-aid on your finger. Write up the incident report and have a good night."

No word of a lie--Sparkle called me five minutes later to ask if I was upset with her.

Was it still standing when you went in for your next shift???

Fire. Flood. Bombing. Blood. Bullets in the air...those are the qualifications for an emergency anything else is a routine call and I will respond in a "reasonable" amount of time. Unless it is the new kid on their first solo shift...then I answer because they may actually have a valid question.

Oh...and that changing uniform thing doesn't work I guess the dark circles under our eyes, the caffeine jitters and the ball and chain attached to our leg is a dead give away that we are in fact "the manager."

I empathize...I wasn't in the mood for high maintenance whiny customers today either.

Comment

Yes indeed. Actual emergencies. Back when I was a new 3rd shift cashier I never called anyone. For anything.
      I on the other hand have been called or texted in the middle of the night about four or five times. We were going through a lot of turnover on 3rd shift. Fun times for me then.
      Nice forum here. Good place to vent to and with people who know exactly what I am talking about.

Comment

Working...
      X