This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people need to listen

I just got the strangest wrong number. It amazes me people can get through an entire call system and go to Tech Support and get the wrong number thats not even close.

Me = obviously
    CL = Crazy Lady

Me = Thank you, for calling TWC, my name is Darrien what can I do for you?
    CL = Do you have child protective services?
    Me(thinking she meant something else as its happend before): No you can't get Parental locks without a cable box on your tv.
    CL = Is this Child Protective Services?
    Me = No...this is TWC
    CL = Oh sorry.......*click*
    Me = O_o
    Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

I got something similar today, too.

Me: Thank you for calling (my company), my name is Retail Slave, how may I help you?
    SC: Is this Wathon insurance? (just guessing the spelling)
    Me: No, ma'am, this is (my company).
    SC: *click*

It just made me think that she should've been listening instead of whatever she was doing.

Comment

Yep. I get people who go through a menu with several prompts, which says multiple times you have called suchandsuch radio maker, and they still will start shouting about how we messed up their online class schedule for Walden University.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

oh i've got you all beat. i think i told this story on here before, but in case i didn't.....

I work at Macy's. When people call the store they have to go through an automated menu to even get to a department in the store. One day i had the same guy call 3 TIMES trying to order subs. I would have thought it was a kid making crank calls, but
        A. the guy clearly sounded like an adult
        and
        B. the second time he called, he apologized because he was in his car going somewhere, and his cell kept dying.
        Ok, so now we know this is a grown man (or at least someone old enough to drive) making these calls, so they're not crank calls.....i would hope.

Now this happened awhile back, and i've gotten a little fuzzy on the details, but i believe the first time we just lost the connection. The second time he must have accidentally hung up on me. By the third time he called i was feeling evil, so i just "took" his order, made up a price, and said goodbye.
        To this day i have no idea what was up with that guy. When you call the store, the first thing it says is "thank you for calling macy's, our hours are blah, blah, blah." Now how do you get past that 3 times and STILL think you're calling a sub place?
        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Working...
        X