X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    A price check....over 75 cents?....
    If ever a customer experience embodied the northeastern part of Wisconsin, this was it...
    Truer words have never been spoken. We have the empowerment thing but sometimes I resent it on principle.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
      Truer words have never been spoken. We have the empowerment thing but sometimes I resent it on principle.
      I'm more in favor of it than I used to be. The point is to get people through the checkouts faster and not make everybody else wait unless it's really worth it. Especially since on a busy day such as yesterday, a call for a price check is likely to be quickly followed by a call for backup cashiers because more people have gotten in line.

Which then means.... fewer people on the salesfloor to do the price check. *slow clap
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• That used to be our situation. Of course, if there's a discrepancy of $50 or something, we're going to check. That usually happens with TVs or vacuums or electronics items, or some such.

Comment

• The service desk lady bagging your purchases and then leaving without a word because somebody needs help at the desk, does not make her a bitch.

Calling her a bitch makes you one though.

Comment

• Apparently the "inappropriately-named maps" thing is a new trend. Friday's map was "The Land of MilfJuice".

Also, someone keeps unplugging all the headphones in the same gallery. EVERY week when I go in there, all of the headphones have been unplugged. Sometimes they get stolen as well, but it's the unplugging that baffles me. It's not even obvious that they CAN be unplugged. It can't be a maintenance thing, because they've been unplugged for half the day by the time I get in there. Maintenance would plug them back in first thing in the morning so they can actually be used by guests.

Comment

• Once again, if it is the end of my shift, I am going home cuz I don't work for free. Sighing, tutting and passively agressively muttering will not stop me from putting my closed sign up, logging out of my till and walking out of the petrol station and back to my real life. I don't care if there's a queue; my shift ends now as does my pay and I don't work for free.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

• I left work half an hour late. I will get paid for every minute of it, but I may get flack for not clocking out on time. BUT, we have a newbie working now, and I wasn't willing to abandon her until the animal I was working on was out the door and paid. THEN I clocked out and left her to close out the clinic on her own.

Comment

• Stop hovering around my counter. I've been closed for 50 minutes. The sign right on front of you says so!!!

Comment

• You have no proof you bought the item. You have no I.D. No, we're no going to just hand over a refund.

Comment

• If you want to chew tobacco, by all means, go right ahead. However, have some damn etiquette about it. Don't talk to me with your damn mouth full of it. You look like you're eating literal shit. Don't spit into your spit bottle while you're standing in line at the checkout, in front of me and a bunch of other customers. Lastly, don't leave your nasty ass spit bottle in my parking lot to get run over and spread all over the damn place. Gross.
                      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                        If you want to chew tobacco, by all means, go right ahead. However, have some damn etiquette about it. Don't talk to me with your damn mouth full of it. You look like you're eating literal shit. Don't spit into your spit bottle while you're standing in line at the checkout, in front of me and a bunch of other customers. Lastly, don't leave your nasty ass spit bottle in my parking lot to get run over and spread all over the damn place. Gross.
                        When I worked as a bank teller we had an older guy come in with his coffee cup (spittoon). It was very gross and extremely disgusting!
                        "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

• Ugh, chewing tobacco is so revolting. Honestly, I'd rather have someone light up a cigarette in front of me (and I hate cigarette smoke!) than talking around a mouthful of chaw and dribbling black slime into a cup.

Chewing tobacco was a big fad when I was in high school. There was a group who called themselves Cowboys, wore western gear, walked bowlegged (I'd bet good money the closest any of them had been to riding a horse was the carousel at the State Fair!), spoke in an exaggerated southern drawl, listened to country music and spat tobacco juice everywhere, leaving the used chaws in other people's locker vents and the drinking fountain spigots. All the other groups -- Stoners, Jocks, Nerds, Preppies, Valley Girls, Goths -- were united in their hatred for the Cowboys and their disgusting habit.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• Hey! Listening to country music is NOT a disgusting habit.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Those who go way back will remember my Bungee Boss, yes? He chewed. He kept a spit cup in his desk and he open the drawer and spit into it while you were talking to him.

I'm also told he'd spit right out into the parking lot if he felt the need.

Once I found one of his spit cups stashed behind the baler.

Comment

• I once found an empty chewing tobacco container/tin/whatever in my store. It was so weird, why would a person bring it in, were they chewing in the store? But I think I solved the mystery! One morning I was walking by the registers where the floor cleaning guys throw their stuff before we open. It's just paperwork, energy drinks or soda, and hoodies. On top of one of the hoodies was a container of chewing tobacco. So one time that guy must have left it randomly in the store.

...Doesn't our store sound awesome?
                                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                                X