Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have hand made signs all over the place that say "Protect your customer's confidentiality". That misplaced hyphen makes me cringe every time I look at them.

Comment

• Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
      We have hand made signs all over the place that say "Protect your customer's confidentiality". That misplaced hyphen makes me cringe every time I look at them.
      What hyphen? There is a misplaced apostrophe...
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Quoth greek_jester View Post
        Probably transposed words. I do that all the time. I'm so tempted when I see things like that to take a pen and correct it! But it would make my bosses feel stupid.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

"Protect your customer's confidentiality"
          Um... I can't see what's wrong with it...

Comment

• I think that Slave is interpreting that as a plural possessive, in which case it should probably be "customers'". If you interpret the sign as a singular possessive, then it is fine as written.
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

"Protect your customer's confidentiality"
              It's both correct and incorrect. Unless you're talking to multiple customers at the same time, it's quite reasonable to suggest that you should take only the current customer's concerns as relevant. However as you're also likely to deal with many individuals every day, I can also see the argument for it being pluralised.

In the end, the only correct response should be "don't handwrite signs for the workplace" but we all know how well that works out At least it's not in Comic Sans!
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• I can enter a PLU and roll a watermelon across the scanner. I am NOT picking up that case of water from this angle (we're not even supposed to per safety policies--that's what the hand scanners are for). I scanned it and told you to put it back in your cart after you ignored my instruction to just leave it there. I'm not lazy, I don't want to make my shoulder worse. No, I don't 'have to' explain it. You can think I'm lying all you want, that's not going to get me to pick it up.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Look, douchebag, our gas delivery driver would like to park, do his job, and leave. The fact that you seem to have a deep desire to make that as hard as possible is not fucking funny. Get your shit paid for, get back to your dick extension of a truck, and leave. No... I didn't say to slowly, oh so slowly, back up, gesturing the semi to pull in. Leave. Go. Get the fuck out of my lot! Oh, I feel for our delivery driver. Wow.
                  "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• when I ask you (the customer) to fill the CC slip out COMPLETELY (even IF you are not going to tip me), do NOT go into that BSOD mode like I just asked you to stab yourself with a rusty piece of metal. FILL OUT THE SLIP JERK WHY is this so damn hard. IT IS a simple thing to do. IF nothing else the order total amount is right there just write that on the TOTAL LINE.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                      FILL OUT THE SLIP JERK WHY is this so damn hard.
                      I feel your pain. We have discount cards that last for a year, and every time you renew you have to fill the forms in again. It's not a big form, just name address & signature, but you'd think I was asking them to write a spec review for War & Peace! "Do I have to fill in all of this? Even this bit?" Yes, yes you do. Just like last year, and the year before, and the dozen or so years before that!
                      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• That's probably why I was happy with it as is Pants (Pants!? Nunavut? NP?), it would seem a little oxymoronic to try and deal confidentially with multiple customers.

Comment

• *sigh* Every single day. I'm working near the center of the store. I hear the cashier give very simple directions to a customer. For example, today I hear the cashier tell a customer that the paint is against the back wall. Simple enough? Of course, the woman does not even attempt to find the entire aisle full of paint, she simply sees me and wants me to walk her to the paint. She has this exasperated attitude, like the whole situation was so difficult. Also, we didn't have the kind of paint she wanted, there was much sighing about that, let me tell you.

Bonus, older guy in the framing section. You were just a cranky pants. "Why don't you carry the right sized mat for the frames you carry?? You know, you can get them online... I have to cut these down! You don't have a framer for 30 minutes?! I knew I shouldn't have come in early. I can't make another trip. I'm disabled, this is my only shot to get this done, I CAN'T go out again." Look guy, I can't magically fix this problem. Plus, come on. It's a mat for a frame. Let's not act like it's food for starving children. He was very, very serious about this, I can't stress that enough.
                          Last edited by notalwaysright; 06-10-2016, 08:06 PM.
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                            At least it's not in Comic Sans!
                            Why all the Comic Sans hate?

It's my favorite...along with Wingdings.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                              At least it's not in Comic Sans!
                              Got my new resume
                              It's printed in comic sans.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

• Quoth greek_jester View Post
                                Isn't there an internet rule about that? While complaining about a mistake, you WILL make another stupid mistake? I should have kept my fingers off my keyboard.

We deal with multiple customers, often at the same time. Even when we are only dealing with a single customer in our cube, they usually have families who are also our customers. Our office sees 200 cases a day, which probably means we handle confidential information for at least 500 people a day. It should be pluralized, gosh darnit!!!

As it happens, now that the remodel has happened and the cube walls are so low that anyone sitting can see everyone else in the office and that anyone walking through the cubes can see all of the computer screens they pass...our customers think that the signs are such a joke that they were taken down today.

Comment

Working...
                                X