This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drunks and Pizza Deilvery.

So 10 minutes before close tonight I had to take the last delivery of the night. The street is only a few minutes away so it wont be too bad right? WRONG. I get to the street and the address does not exist, it has 5 digits while all the numbers on the street have 4. I figure the guy who took the order screwed up, so I call the people on my cell. They are very drunk, so much I can barely understand them. But they confirm that the address is correct. I explain how it cant be, but they dont listen and they finally hang up on me. I call the store, and the manager says to just come back to the store and he will cancel it. He took the order too, and remembers how drunk they were. I am almost back to the store and they call back on my cell asking me where I am. I explain again that the address does not exist and I am already back at the store. She starts giving me these very bad directions, saying the street is 2 minutes away. I tell her it cant be, the only street by that name in Baton Rouge is where I just was, and the address does not exist. She replies with "Baton Rouge. We are in Denham Springs." So the drunk idiot called the wrong store. I told her to call the correct store and that was it right? WRONG. She calls me back on my cellphone later telling me the Denham Springs store is closed and that we need to deliver the pizzas to her. I say first of all, that we are closed, second, I am already on my way home, and finally we do not deliver to Denham Springs, thats why we have a store there. She yells so I just hang up on her. They call back again a few minutes later. After this I have to call the cops and report them for harrassing me.

What did they cops say/do?

Comment

"Hey Officer Mitchell, I thought you said you didn't want to come back out here again tonight!!!"

Cookie for the reference
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
        "Hey Officer Mitchell, I thought you said you didn't want to come back out here again tonight!!!"
        Jeff Foxworthy

I'd like to report a crime...Larry pucked in the aquarium....it stinks very much bad in here...

Yay Cyber cookie!!!!
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Just outta curiosity, how far away is the other town?
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

You beat me to it - enjoy the cookie.

But, if I lay down on the floor, will you draw my picture with that little piece of chalk y'all have?

Back on topic, can the OP block that number on the cell phone if they continue to call?
            That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              Just outta curiosity, how far away is the other town?
              It could be a mile or a hundred. As a pizza guy at closing the only thing that matters is going home and getting there safe. His $2 tip is not going to change that.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post

Cookie for the reference
                Lessee...I believe it was "Ossifer" instead of "Officer Mitchell" but that was one of my friends in June of '95 at our local BBS (Bulletin Board Service for you newbies) campout, at about 1 am, as we were all out swimming in the lagoon...

ahh...those were the days!
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth click--it View Post
                  It could be a mile or a hundred. As a pizza guy at closing the only thing that matters is going home and getting there safe. His $2 tip is not going to change that.
                  Do you really think a bunch of drunk idiots like that would have left that much of a tip, if any tip?
                  Quote Dalesys:
                  ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I looked it up in Google Maps. Looked to be about 15 miles away from city center to city center. But with one of them being rather large, it could end up much farther.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Its not that far mileage wise, but too far time wise, especially that time of night for people that drunk. When I called them about the address the first time they were already bitching about how long it had taken (about 20 minutes) and that the pizzas were probably already cold, so by the time I got to Denham they would have been really pissed. There was no way I was making that trip for those people. Maybe if they had been nice, SOBER, folks who just made a simple mistake and were understanding an nice about it.

But the cops just said not to worry about it, they would take care of it. No more calls after that.

Tonight I had to take a huge order of 36 pizzas and 20 cinnamon sticks to a ministry. Order came to 272 dollars AFTER a 200 dollar discount, and the cheap &^&^$%'s didnt tip. Turns out that this was not the first time, and the manager had warned them before. He called all pissed off, and told them that if they did not tip the drivers from now on they would lose their discount.

Comment

Working...
                      X