This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What The?

Ok, today, I was by myself in the store, as my coworker was at lunch, and the owners were gone. I was ringing up this one customer. He said that yesterday, he came in, and that the manager said that he could have this one DVD for about 5 bucks. Well I know that was a lie, because my boss is not stupid, and the movie that the guy wanted was Berserk ( Anime ). Which my boss got for about $80 of this one website, and is selling it for $85.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Couldn't he have come up with a more believable price to say?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Well, there are quite a few idiot businesspeople out there and I guess this guy was hoping/praying that he'd gotten one. It's hilarious, really, that some people will just go around trying to cheat people because they think people are really that gullible.
      ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

All I felt like doing was

It was a stupid price
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy
          It was a stupid price
          I'll give him points for having the stones to try, anyway.
          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Is this by any chance the same gentleman who was trying to persuade me to allow him to fill his lorazepam early with out an ok from the doctor? He had some bad excuses, too.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix
              Is this by any chance the same gentleman who was trying to persuade me to allow him to fill his lorazepam early with out an ok from the doctor? He had some bad excuses, too.
              Er, what would the non-pharmacists here know this drug as?
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Sorry, it's a narcotic in the same class as valium. Can be used to help with anxiety and occasionally for muscle spasms. It's pretty habit-forming, so it puts up a big, fat red flag for me when someone's begging to get it sooner than they should, judging by how many pills they got and how often they were supposed to take it according to the directions.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix
                  Sorry, it's a narcotic in the same class as valium. Can be used to help with anxiety and occasionally for muscle spasms. It's pretty habit-forming, so it puts up a big, fat red flag for me when someone's begging to get it sooner than they should, judging by how many pills they got and how often they were supposed to take it according to the directions.
                  I'd be suspicious, too. Thanks for the info.
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Ah yes, drug seekers, the funnest part of my day

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix
                      Ah yes, drug seekers, the funnest part of my day
                      why can't they be normal decent addicts and buy from the shady guy standing at the corner.

at least he wants their business.
                      DILLIGAF

Comment

Yeah, i men haow many drug dealers, are having to do with less because people overlook their convienience. We get people shrieking that they need 8 boxes of an allergy product, that has a quantity restriction on it.

Comment

I paid about 75 for that anime. It's very good.

Comment

That was my normal joke that I'd tell to get people from focusing on the fact that I was having to log their psuedoephedrine purchases.
                            "Yeah, why can't they just smoke pot or sniff markers like normal people?"

Comment

But if they were stoned they couldn't scream at everyone in the area.
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                              X