Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

we are starving because you won't cash a\money order!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we are starving because you won't cash a\money order!!!

This woman comes into our local WM, with a little girl. She goes to the customer Service Desk and pulls out a ragggedy MoneyGram(money order) made out to Sunoco(sp?). At, WM, we can't cash Moneygrams unless they are made out to WM, the rules are VERY CLEAR, it says this in about 34 different places. But this woman wanted us to cash this MoneyGram for her. cashier says no.
    sc: I need this money!!!! Cash the Moneygram!!!!! My boyfriend in the military sent me this moneygram!!!!! Cash my moneygram!!!!!!
    c: I'm sorry we aren't allowed to cash money grams not made ot to Wal-Mart.
    sc: WHAT!!!!! my boyfriend is defending your freedom!!!! You hate America!!!! You are a terrorist!!!
    c: Sorry, ma'am I can't cash the moneygram.
    SC: Terrorist!!!!!!! Who let your kind in here!?
    c: Excuse me?
    SC: I'll report you and you'll lose your job. Then you can't bomb places anymore, with no funding terrorist!!!!!
    c, me, other customers
    Finally they leave, on the way out.
    LG: Mommy I'm hungry!
    SC: Well, I can't get you anything to eat, you'll have to starve!!! <to c> hope that gives you satisfaction starving my daughter!!!

Man, I live in a small town but there are a hell of a lot of lunatics around. I wonder if it's the nuclear power plant.

While I've never been called a terrorist ( ), I know how you feel in a way. If you read the "fun with wic/ebt" thread, I was the OP and I wrote about the time a woman on foodstamps got me written up/suspended for 3 days because she had too many coupons. There were 4 different coupons every week and customers were ONLY supposed to have 1 of each. Well she had 8.......the only items I can remember they were for is chips and 6 packs of 24 oz bottles of Mt Dew (or any Pepsi product). When I needed a manager override, she put words in my mouth, "Are you saying what I'm doing is WRONG?"

I didn't even say anything and she got all defensive, "I'm on foodstamps, I can barely make ends meet, and you are trying to tell me that getting food for my children is wrong.....blah blah blah blah blah blah nonsense.....etc etc etc"......so I was accused of flat out taking Chips and Mt Dew right out of her all toddler aged children's mouths.

We didn't take money orders at the grocery store, unless the customer went to customer service.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Well like good ol' dubya said right? You're either with us or against us.

You either do EVERYTHING a customer asks no matter what it means in terms of policy or...well...need I say more?
      "They have the internet on computers now?"
      ~Homer Simpson

Another day at work, another broken desk

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot
        Maybe I don't get it because I'm not American, but did she really expect you to break a (clearly stated) company policy because she called you a terrorist? I don't get it...
        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

omg..the SCs in Jersey are getting dumber and dumber... makes me soo happy that i no longer have to deal with these idiots anymore...

(i live about 10 mins from Crow..and I think I know which WM he works at..i think..)

Comment

this reminds me of customers that get super pissed because we don't have our advertised sale fans/air conditioners at the end of the week. it's been extremely warm for washington weather recently, so of course these things go fast. if you want a damn air conditioner that is advertised on SALE when it's HOT outside, you can't expect us to save one just for you that you can pick up at closing time the day the sale ends! people these days.

Comment

So she brings in some raggedy money order from her boyfriend in the military and calls you a terrorist when you can't cash it, then tells you that you're starving her daughter? I hope her boyfriend gets the most out of the time he spends way the hell away from her. And what kind of guy in the military gives his girlfriend an old MO for a gas station for food?

Comment

Maybe she should... you know, get a job? She's probably too lazy for that, though.

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot
                  sc: WHAT!!!!! my boyfriend is defending your freedom!!!! You hate America!!!! You are a terrorist!!!
                  c: Sorry, ma'am I can't cash the moneygram.
                  c: Excuse me?
                  SC: I'll report you and you'll lose your job. Then you can't bomb places anymore, with no funding terrorist!!!!!
                  Sounds like a stock speech for this SC--too much to hope, I suppose, that others who heard it elsewhere are members here, especially airline employees...
                  I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

Canadagirl, she's probably hoping that her boyfriend will get killed so that she and her kid can live off the money that the military sends you if you become widowed...........plus if he has good life insurance and she/her kid are beneficiaries.....

Some people really are that pathetic and that sad. It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Comment

Quoth blas87
                      Canadagirl, she's probably hoping that her boyfriend will get killed so that she and her kid can live off the money that the military sends you if you become widowed...........plus if he has good life insurance and she/her kid are beneficiaries.....

Some people really are that pathetic and that sad. It wouldn't surprise me one bit.
                      AHH, but a dead boyfriend does not a widow make. You must be legally married to be considered a widow. IF the child is the soldier's then there will be a child support payout, but the girlfriend gets nothing unless he has named her as a beneficiary.
                      The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

true you are........my fault I didn't read boyfriend correctly, or if I did, I was thinking husband anyway. I need to slow down, or quit posting right after I get home from being up all night at work

Comment

Quoth Banrion
                          IF the child is the soldier's then there will be a child support payout, but the girlfriend gets nothing unless he has named her as a beneficiary.
                          Banrion, you are attributing a little too much forethought to an Entitlement Queen !! The fact that she needs to be named as a beneficiary is neither here nor there. If she isn't named, and God forbid, something happens to him, she'll just work that into her routine as well;

"My boyfriend gave his all for this country, and the no-good dirty gummint won't give me nothin' !!"
                          A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                          - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron
                            Maybe I don't get it because I'm not American, but did she really expect you to break a (clearly stated) company policy because she called you a terrorist? I don't get it...
                            Page 46 of the "Sucky Customer Handbook," Spiff:

"Calling the employee a terrible name (we suggest terrorist, racist, or any of the more distasteful profanities) will injure the employee to his/her very core, causing him/her to bend over backwards to assist you in any way you desire. Because, as we all know, science has proven that there is nothing worse than being called a name; besides, they will think you're going to file a lawsuit against them for discrimination, which is almost as bad."
                            Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Quoth SonOfSpam
                              So she brings in some raggedy money order from her boyfriend in the military and calls you a terrorist when you can't cash it, then tells you that you're starving her daughter? I hope her boyfriend gets the most out of the time he spends way the hell away from her. And what kind of guy in the military gives his girlfriend an old MO for a gas station for food?

See, because its marked to a gas station and not a more popular store makes me think that its not even from her boyfriend...it could be something she just took and is trying to cash in on. I smell a scammer.
                              Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X