This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Snake Lady

It was my last week at the gas station, and I was training a new guy. If memory serves me correctly, it was the smart kid that I was training (my manager had hired 2 new people to replace me, one was smart, the other was dumber than a box of rocks).

Anyways, I'd never had a problem with this woman (SC) until that day. She had never been rude to me or any of the employees up until that day. I knew she smoked, but I forgot what brand. I knew she always got gas, but I never cared to remember just for HER. She didn't come across as one of those entitled idiots.

For whatever reason, she was in a horrid mood that day, and tromped into the store, and just muttered "gas" and whipped a $20 bill at my trainee. He asked which pump, she shrugged and went "gaudunno" and I finally spotted her car. He rang her up and gave her her change. Then she narrowed her eyes at him and hissed, "Cigarettes, you forgot my cigarettes!"

He asked what kind. She rolled her eyes, and in a "duh" tone of voice, went "Marlb LIGHTS!"....so my trainee grabbed marlboro lights.

Then she backs away, flares her arms, and hisses again, "No No NO! Marlb ULTRA lights!".

As soon as she left, I assured my trainee that he had handled her just fine, and all of a sudden I found myself blurting, "Unfortunately, you'll have to deal with the Snake Lady a lot I guess."

I called her that because not only did she hiss like a snake at him, but she narrowed her eyes the way my pet snake used to before he'd eat a frog or a bug. It made me want to laugh.

She came in again on my very last day. I noticed her when I was outside bringing ice in to put in the freezer (we found that if we stocked the freezer full of ice and kept the ice outside locked, people couldn't steal ice as much), I saw her and her eyes narrowing at me like my pet snake about to pounce on and eat a tree toad.

I went inside, and, without thinking (there was a customer scratching at the counter), go, "Hey it's that stupid Snake Lady again!"

Well, the scratch customer left, and he had to have went outside to talk to the Snake Lady, because I went to sit down and read the paper, and I saw the Snake Lady come in and stare me up and down and up and down, as if I were her next meal. She narrowed her eyes at me and glared at me. She hissed "Marlb ultra lights!" at my trainee, all the while still glaring at me.

Oh well, I thought to myself, it's my last day, and I hope that customer actually DID tell the Snake Lady what I said. She needs to know how stupid she looks when she narrows her eyes at people and hisses at them.
    Last edited by blas; 07-25-2006, 03:14 AM.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth
Working...
X