Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You should know your child well enough!

This is the tale of a woman who didn't use her head at all.

It was early one morning (8 AM, an early shift for me) and I was tired and still waking up when I encountered a woman doing two stupid things.

1) She gave her 3-year-old daughter cheese curls for breakfast!

2) She actually gave her 3-year-old daughter cheese curls for breakfast; and by that I mean she handed her the huge, family-size bag of store-brand cheese curls to hold. When I saw this I looked at my cashier (I was bagging that day) and we both just gave each other these "this woman is asking for it" looks. She told her daughter "don't drop it" but I knew that the inevitable would happen soon enough. We actually got through the whole order, bagged, paid for and everything, without a mess. I thought we had made it when the woman nudged her daughter forward and the WHOLE BAG (minus 3 or 4 chips) dumped onto the floor; crumbs, cheese dust and all. The woman just said "Oops! Sorry!" and giggled. What a waste of food! We still made her pay for that bag.

This woman just trusted her daughter a bit too much. Even I know that handing a 3-year-old a big bag of chips is the equivalent of telling the child "please dump the contents of this bag on the floor."
    ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

I can beat that; once at the supermarket, this dad gave his little kid a bottle of lemonade to carry. He was shaking it up and down, the whole time his dad's shopping was going thru; when his dad was digging in his wallet for his card, the kid went to stand next to him and opened the bottle... yep, Dad gets drenched from head to foot in warm lemonade.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

*LOL* Well at least (or hopefully) the dad learned his lesson!
      ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Again this is one reason why...

...some people should not breed and that well, she isn't that bad of parent but giving a young child junk food as a meal is just asking for trouble latter on. Thinking a little kid can hold open bag of food without spilling is just plan stupid and more then that.
        Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
        My space
        Facebook

Comment

Can't be as bad as the parent/guardian/babysitter who trusted a 3 year old to actually be able to hold a Sobe bottle.

Yup, those are glass. Yup, those shatter. Yup, ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Stupid people.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Trusting a young child with anything that contains dust, liquid, or any kind of cheese product is usually pretty dangerous

Comment

Even worse is giving children that age something longer than they are.

I know it's cute to let them help you, but when the kid is dragging around a mop that's longer they are, chaos WILL ensue!

Can you say "Three Stooges?" Sure, I knew you could.

All it will take is the child getting distracted and keep walking the straight line when Mommy and/or Daddy turns the corner, Mom/Dad calls the kid, kid turns suddenly to course correct to follow the 'rents and WHAM! mop takes out three or four knees.

Mongo
              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I don't suppose the parent offered to help clean up the mess that her kid made, did she?

No, I didn't think so.

She was probably in too much of a hurry, and besides, that's what you get paid for, right?

"At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

But you gotta admit, it would be funny (watching I mean... not with the hitting. Actually, I would probably laugh if he hit me too.)

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire
                  Can you say "Three Stooges?" Sure, I knew you could.

All it will take is the child getting distracted and keep walking the straight line when Mommy and/or Daddy turns the corner, Mom/Dad calls the kid, kid turns suddenly to course correct to follow the 'rents and WHAM! mop takes out three or four knees.

Mongo

Comment

Quoth SonOfSpam
                    Trusting a young child with anything that contains dust, liquid, or any kind of cheese product is usually pretty dangerous
                    The following might be slightly off-topic, but this does involve cheese being trusted with small children. Some of you might remember this from a long-gone incarnation of this board. I was working in the shoe department, which had carpet floors (unlike the rest of the store outside the clothing departments which had tile floors.) The mother had her 2 kids in her cart, and they were eating popcorn that they bought from the in-store food court. I heard a lot of noise and commotion from their aisle of my dept, and I decided to go to that aisle and pretend to face it to prevent any major aisle damage. The kids were eating popcorn and it was being dropped all over the floor! It was like they grabbed a handful of popcorn out of the jumbo bag, and one piece of popcorn would go in the mouth while the rest would go through the holes in the cart and onto the floor, half of it being crushed into the carpet by the cart as the mother ever-so-knowingly moved it every now and then. The mother was silent and letting the kids drop the popcorn everywhere. She quickly pushed their cart down another aisle of the department after she saw me on the aisle, and I thought all was well. A minute later, I heard the mother yell from across the deparment "QUIT DROPPING THAT D*** POPCORN!" I heard them leave the department, and I quickly rushed to see how much they dropped. They must've had a bags-worth of popcorn on each og the 8 or so aisles of my shoe department! And, as you guessed it, she couldn't have been an adult about it and told me that her children made a mess.

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

Quoth kerrisan
                      2) She actually gave her 3-year-old daughter cheese curls for breakfast; and by that I mean she handed her the huge, family-size bag of store-brand cheese curls to hold. When I saw this I looked at my cashier (I was bagging that day) and we both just gave each other these "this woman is asking for it" looks. She told her daughter "don't drop it" but I knew that the inevitable would happen soon enough. We actually got through the whole order, bagged, paid for and everything, without a mess. I thought we had made it when the woman nudged her daughter forward and the WHOLE BAG (minus 3 or 4 chips) dumped onto the floor; crumbs, cheese dust and all. The woman just said "Oops! Sorry!" and giggled. What a waste of food! We still made her pay for that bag.
                      Sooooooo, was she really upset that she was made to pay for the bag of cheese curls, or did she understand the logistics behind it?
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

UGh talk about kids & messes - we used to have a guy come into the coffee shop on Sundays and bring his two kids and thier "Mcdonalds meals". - nope, wouldn't clean up the Mcdonald's at all left it on the table - like we're supposed to clean up after you -especially when you brought in food from another establishment? Nope, didn't pay attention to the kids either. They would ask for a sticker, and we would give it to them and then it would end up on our windows or door or tables - and the dad would NEVER apologize. A Coffee shop is NOT the place for kids. Get YOUR stupid coffee and take them to McDonald's where they could at least have played on the playplace (the McDonald's was about 2 stores down btw and it was one w/ a playplace). Your kids do NOT belong at a coffee shop! There's nothing for them to do there - they will inevitably get bored and WILL make a mess! We all hated waiting on that man...... and it's not like his kids were really bad kids - but they were bored! And they were very young...... OH! And he would also make change for himself using our tip jar! The nerve!!!!

ugh brings back bad memories.... When he came in on my last day I ran into the backroom and said I am NOT waiting on him!

Comment

put his hands in the tip jar? i'd have firmly let him know that was not something he could do; if he wants change, go to a bank, and take kids with him-the annoyance train needs to HIT THE ROAD!

i agree; i don't mind if children come in, as long as mom/dad keep them in check. unfortunately, few bother, so kiddies end up running around, disturbing others (staff and customers), getting into things, trying to go into the back room, etc. if you say anything, the 'parent unit' gets oh so offended that you don't find junior's antics delightful. yes, i love it when children run around, shrieking, pulling things off shelves, bothering the staff, interrupting transactions, making messes everywhere (ESPECIALLY THE RESTROOM); i find it UTTERLY delightful-please leave NOW.
                          look! it's ghengis khan!
                          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

The woman was nice (she didn't argue paying for the bag), just stupid. ARGH.

Comment

Working...
                            X