This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blah Inn tradition of b*tchslapping continues

Yes. Yes, indeed it does here at the Dreadful Inn, where we've all been relocated. I have just been rude to my first SC here at the Dreadful Inn.

Your average yuppie tourist walked in with a coupon book, laid it on the counter, and announced that he had called the Dreadful Inn up at the Asheville airport, and they told him they would honor his $35.95 coupon. He wanted to know if we could match it or do any better.

Our rate today is $79.99. My boss and I were standing here and when she told him we couldn't honor the coupon, he asked how close we could get.

"Not very close, I'm afraid," I said. "The lowest rate I can give you is $79.99."

It was at this that the started slinging his head from side to side like a petulant little heiress, while saying, "No, no, no. I will not pay that kind of money for a Dreadful Inn, some two star--"

I cut him off. "Then leave." And I pointed toward the door.

This shocked him into silence. His eyes bugged and he started backpedaling, and saying that he was just joking, only kidding, so on and so forth. He fussed that I had no right to talk to him that way.

My boss demurred and gave a half-hearted apology, then said that I had only said what I said because he had insulted the property. This was true, more or less. I also apologized twice, but it wasn't enough and he left saying that he was going to call our 1-800 number and complain.

Go ahead. You weren't a guest, and you weren't going to be one. Kiss my ass, yuppie-tourist-who-was-not-a-guest.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

everybody say it with me:

I HATE SPINELESS MANAGERS

Comment

Let's hope that when he got to the other hotel that they end up not honoring the coupon...and that they charge him a lot more than $79 at your place.

Comment

Quoth scary cary View Post
        everybody say it with me:

I HATE SPINELESS MANAGERS
        She wasn't spineless... she was just trying to keep the yuppie from going nuclear. Her husband was sitting in a chair in the lobby when the yuppie started his Paris Hilton "No no no!" routine, and he grinned like an idiot when I pointed toward the door and ordered said yuppie to take a hike. He thought it was hilarious, and afterward, my boss just went back to what she was doing and didn't mention it. She didn't care either, and she was the one who pointed out to the yuppie that I'd gotten snippy because he insulted the property. She was more interested in stopping any screaming before it could start. She didn't offer to honor his coupon, and told him he would have to go elsewhere.

Quoth Erin View Post
        Let's hope that when he got to the other hotel that they end up not honoring the coupon...and that they charge him a lot more than $79 at your place.
        If that other hotel did end up honoring his coupon, he got what he paid for. I stayed at that hotel one night myself, and found an enormous praying mantis (dead) in the room, and that the plaster on the ceiling in one corner had crumbled away and was lying in pieces on the floor. I seem to recall that there were either some holes in the wall or that the electrical outlet covers were missing also. One or the other.
        Last edited by Antisocial_Worker; 05-13-2007, 05:26 AM.
        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Ha. Good story. Take THAT, sucky not-a-customer!!!!!! Hope you get infested with nasty bedbugs!!!!!!!
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

LOL I say things like that to passengers on a daily basis.
            No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Working...
            X