This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I was annoying..

Not necessarily an SC, but I think I was definetly annoying and asking dumb questions yesterday at Best Buy...

I was there with a friend and we were browsing the tv shows on DVD. All of the seasons of The OC run for about $60 each, except for season 4 which only has 16 episodes and is about 10 dollars cheaper.

There was a tag under season 3 that said "Season 3, $21.99, markdown at register".......I couldn't believe it. Taking nearly $40 off a DVD set?!!?!?!!?!?!?!

I asked an associate if it was true, and he said absolutely. I still didn't believe him.

I brought it up to the register and nearly had a coronary when I found out it was true.

I got a $60 DVD set for a little over $23. What a steal! Not sure what Best Buy's reasoning is behind doing this, but I've never found anything they sell there to be cheap or even a good deal. Their DVDs are cheaper than FYI, but not as cheap as I'd like them to be.

It was just awesome. However, I'm scared they thought it was a total blonde moron........but can't you see where I'm coming from?
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Getting upset because it was just like it was marked?

Comment

No one appeared upset by me, but they probably thought I was an airhead.

Yes I read the sign. No, I didn't believe it. It didn't make any sense, lol...

But I was proven wrong, and the price was true. And it was a great deal.

We all got what we wanted.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

It's all right. Nobody's perfect. Not even me, or else I wouldn't be hatching Basilisk eggs in my basement while trying to keep my cobras from attacking my rattlesnakes.
        "But I don't want to be among mad people."
        You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

When I go to Best Buy, and seeing the DVD's, that I went in to buy, on sale is great. The first time, I got like 6 DVD's, just because they were about $3 each. And they were the ones, that I had been thinking about buying.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

It just sounds like you were excited about the price but afraid to get your hopes up in case it was a misprint. Nothing wrong with that.

I think I made a Best Buy employee mad when I bought my computer. He had just given me a list of all it could do, then added something about how you can get a component that works like a DVR and I burst out laughing. I didn't mean to, I was nervous (I hate spending money and it was a big expense/decision), and it was just an informational overload for little ol' me. I apologized and tried to explain, but I don't know if he understood. Sorry guy.
            Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
            ~Oscar Wilde

Comment

Eh. double checking with the likelyhood of idiocy affecting your pocketbook? Hardly SC.

Comment

Working...
              X