This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not that hard!

So its around 2:10am, twenty minutes before I get to close. I just finished helping a nice guy who was still partially in my window when this jackass practically shoves the nice man out of the way to slam down his two racks of one dollar/five dollar chips.

Now, the window I was in people seem to ignore the line that is just to the left of them. But suckily enough there was nobody waiting in line because I would have LOVED To tell this guy he needs to wait his turn. Mr. Nice man left and I was stuck with Mr. Jackass.

SC: I WANT black chips.

Me: I can't give you back chips.

SC: Why not?

ME: We're not allowed to sell you chips. You have to get them at the tables. I can give you cash though.

SC: Whatever.

Okay, for some reason his transaction was just really confusing for me. It was late and it was a really busy day. I guess my brain just kind of shut off. For the life of me I couldn't add up the chips right. I even used a calculator. I had so many numbers in my head for the whole day that it just kind of consumed my thinking. Yeah, I may have been annoying re-counting but he should've been glad that I wasn't try to rip him off. In fact I was trying to make sure I balanced.

Anyway, I finally came to $299. He tossed in a dollar and so it became three. I started to count out.

SC: Are you SURE its right?

I pulled the money back because he made that comment. Maybe I did miss something. I called over my co worker to give me a second pair of eyes. We all made sure it was now $300.

SC: *loud annoying sigh* It's not like its that hard! And without the semi-smile and right with a frown and a growl.

I counted out the money and hoped he wouldn't win.

I'm sure it was oh so bad for him that I couldn't add up his crazy transaction but I'm only human. It's weird the huge transactions are easier to me. I can easily dish out like 4 grand but the little ones just get me sometimes. It's like when they just throw a fifty into the mix.

Either way this guy really got under my skin. He was a total jerk about it.

It seems to me that he should have some idea of how much he had in chips so the "are you sure" question was a mocking one.

It sounds like you did fine. I'm an insomniac so I'm usually awake at 2am, but I'm pretty worthless at that hour and don't know if I could count to 3 let alone 300.

What a jerk. I hope he lost it all.
    Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ~Oscar Wilde

Comment

I would have given him 300 singles.
      This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Working...
      X